1.    #1  
    Hi All

Maybe someone could advise me on what to do? I'm on my 2nd Palm Pre from O2 and apart from this issue I love the phone and want to stick with it, the only problem is that it is constantly dropping calls and entering SOS Only mode.

I have tried everything suggested by Palm and O2 and as mentioned I have had the devide replaced but still the signal is poor.

Where I live I get good coverage (not excellent) which is proved with my girlfriend's phone which gets good signal. My Palm Pre however gets poor to no singal. O2 say they are going to send me another Pre in the hope that it will resolve the issue, I'm a less optimistic.

Is anyone else having these problems? And what has been done to resolve the issue?

Thanks, Lee
    Mine is about the same as my last phone and I don't think that signal strength has been a common complaints on here.
  3.    #3  
    Mine was OK when I 1st got it (or maybe I was that impressed with the phone I didn't notice that half the time it was in SOS Only mode) it was only after 2 months that I noticed the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasabi View Post
    Mine was OK when I 1st got it (or maybe I was that impressed with the phone I didn't notice that half the time it was in SOS Only mode) it was only after 2 months that I noticed the issues.
    Sounds 100% like a network problem, not your Pre.

Keep the next one Patch free for a while, to prove it's not anything you are doing, and then if the problem carries on it points towards a network not Pre problem.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Is your GF on O2? O2 are one of the worst networks in the UK. I'm supposed to be in a good coverage area according to O2, but I have a signal booster in the loft just to get 2G and voice calls. When I'm round my mates house I get 5 bars 3G all the time.