Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I've been having an issue with some of my mp3 tracks in music player. The player is not categorizing them according to their tags. I've tried everything I could think of, I deleted the files off the phone and relabeled the originals before transferring over, I checked them in itunes and wmp, the player still has the tracks listed as unknown title and artist. I have pulled the battery and reset, I can't think of what else to do, I didn't see an option to update or rescan the music library. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    anyone can correct me if im incorrect, but mp3's usually have two types of id3 tags? I know in winamp you can edit both. Might be worth having a go. Also be sure to disconnect the pre from your pc to rescan before then attempting to re add the mp3's to avoid the pre undergoing any confusion about added files. Might not work but its what i'd try lol hope it helps!!!
  3. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #3  
    If you download Realplayer SP (its free) you can select your phone type. It has a converter on it and will install to the standard Pre format AAC. Which is takes up less memory then mp3 format. Works great!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I've been having an issue with some of my mp3 tracks in music player. The player is not categorizing them according to their tags. I've tried everything I could think of, I deleted the files off the phone and relabeled the originals before transferring over, I checked them in itunes and wmp, the player still has the tracks listed as unknown title and artist. I have pulled the battery and reset, I can't think of what else to do, I didn't see an option to update or rescan the music library. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
    Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same issue now. Both my Pre3 and Touchpad refuse to recognize the tags on the same songs, even though the songs show the correct tags on other hardware.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same issue now. Both my Pre3 and Touchpad refuse to recognize the tags on the same songs, even though the songs show the correct tags on other hardware.
    Try using Mp3Tag. It worked fine for me, though verify that the tags are saved before disconnecting. One time either the tags didn't write properly or I forgot to press the save button, and I was left scratching my head why some tracks were untagged.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Try using Mp3Tag. It worked fine for me, though verify that the tags are saved before disconnecting. One time either the tags didn't write properly or I forgot to press the save button, and I was left scratching my head why some tracks were untagged.
    Like I wrote, all the tags show up correctly on other hardware. I simply don't know what is wrong with the files.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    Like I wrote, all the tags show up correctly on other hardware. I simply don't know what is wrong with the files.
    It could be your tagger or the way you tag them. Some fields don't get indexed or indexed properly.
  8. #8  
    Turns out I had two sets of tags on the songs. They were identical, but caused problems on some songs, others not. Used Puddletag to replace the ID3v1 tags with ID3v4, and all is well.

Posting Permissions