Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey was it just me or did Sprint & Palm during the rollout make you believe the Pre was a 4G phone? Just wanting some thoughts on this?

Thanks
    nope, never got that impression at all.

kinda surprised it took you this long to make your first post to mention that...
    haha
    Yeah I remember getting that impression from the commercials.

I actually had 3 sprint employees tell me it was 4g too. And another who though it could be implemented through an update. But salesmen are a hard people to trust.
    Don't remember that stated in any commercials, 4g was a year away.
    I never got that impression. I don't think 4G was common usage then. I'm a launch day buyer and 4G never came up.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    No, not at all.
    The only impression you should have is that fact that nearly all speculation and rumors assume that it will be 4G.

It should come to no shock if it is still 3G.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The only impression you should have is that fact that nearly all speculation and rumors assume that it will be 4G.

It should come to no shock if it is still 3G.
    OP is talking about the Sprint Pre releases 6/6/2009...
    I never got the impression it was 4g... as a matter of fact, I had never even heard of 4g until after I bought it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    OP is talking about the Sprint Pre releases 6/6/2009...
    Thats a big fail on my part.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    One source of the rumor was one of Sprints 4g ads had both Palm Pre and 4g in the same commercial. ("Palm Pre exclusively on Sprint, now with the first 4g network" kinda thing) I believe some of the old threads here debated wither or not the Pre had a 4g radio.

Also for those of us who were not up to speed on Smart-phones before the Pre, there was no clear indication that it was only 3g, just that it had 3g.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    One source of the rumor was one of Sprints 4g ads had both Palm Pre and 4g in the same commercial. ("Palm Pre exclusively on Sprint, now with the first 4g network" kinda thing) I believe some of the old threads here debated wither or not the Pre had a 4g radio.

Also for those of us who were not up to speed on Smart-phones before the Pre, there was no clear indication that it was only 3g, just that it had 3g.
    In addition, there was a statement at some point that said that the Pre was 4G "compatible". It took a lot of discussion for us here to conclude that Palm meant that you could use it on a 4G network, that it would be backward compatible. It would still run at 3G speeds.
    Last edited by meriwether; 07/08/2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Mistake
    all I care about is LTE on Verizon before my contract runs out at the end of 2011
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Those commercials for Palm Pre were a while ago, why bring that up now?

I am fine with Wi-Fi if I want fast speeds. Anymore the only place that doesn't usually have Wi-Fi is driving in a car, and I am not willing to shell out extra dollars to have faster 4G while I am driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    Those commercials for Palm Pre were a while ago, why bring that up now?
    Examining and Evaluating the past is probably more important than blindingly guessing what is to come, and I've seen plenty of "Palm Pre 2 Specs I need!!" threads.

Every discussion has a right to be had, no matter the date.
    Honestly I had that impression when I got my Pre in early July 09. I knew nothing of this community and the ad mentioned above by alex.dobeck is the very one that caused me to think that. Then when I found this community I saw and followed several of the threads discussing it. It wasn't long before the technical heavy weights came in and put the kabosh it all.
    Yep, there were people here who really thought the Pre would surprise us all by showing up with 4G capability. The wait between Jan and Jun was so long, people here got a little crazy and latched on to anything. It was awesome.
    I don't remember whether 3g or 4g were mentioned. All I remember is seeing a picture of the pre and saying to myself-I want one. I have been a Palm user for years and the styling of the pre was (in my mind --- still is) light years ahead of any other phone on the market. I have been totally happy with my day 1 pre, with its preware additions. Awesome phone indeed!
    Just you day dreaming again!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast