Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I understand how to get contacts from Google or Outlook onto my pre, but how do I take all the extra contacts only on my pre and export them into outlook or google?

I have pocketmirror and even with this it only syncs one way from outlook onto the pre? Is there no way to export the contact list off of the palm pre or am I just clueless? I hope it is something easy I am missing..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    I understand how to get contacts from Google or Outlook onto my pre, but how do I take all the extra contacts only on my pre and export them into outlook or google?

I have pocketmirror and even with this it only syncs one way from outlook onto the pre? Is there no way to export the contact list off of the palm pre or am I just clueless? I hope it is something easy I am missing..thanks
    There is a setting in pocket mirror that needs to be set for which direction (or both) it should sync.

Check for that, and send an email to chapura support. I had an issue at a trade show the other day and they sent me an answer within minutes. I was impressed!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    also, there is a patch that lets you send all your contacts to yourself as a .csv attachment to an email.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    This works great. Just did it myself after researching this issue all morning!

• Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi
    • Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • This creates the export file (.vcf)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
    • Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
    • Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer
    • Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE
    • Find the folder called temp and open it (if you don't find a temp folder, open folder options/view/and choose show hidden files/ then OK)
    • You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the vcf file)
    • Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
    • Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook
    • When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
    • Your done…
    OK. I have tried it twice and it all goes fine.....except, when I import, I only get one contact.....the very first one on the phone list.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to select what I want to export etc.?

I need to do this....it is maddening.

Scene: Wife gets Pre to replace Centro. Sprint people do the xfer in the store. All good. But wife gets new computer. Now I need to sync to Outlook so that world is at peace again.

need help and thought this would do it.

Thanks

Skigs
    FWIW: Companionlink software works like a charm for syncing Outlook to Google to Pre and back again. I only sync my calendar and contacts, so don't know about anything else.
    Does anyone recommend one software package over another?
    Thank you so much!!! I have been needing to do this and this worked great for me!!!! You are awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryCopper View Post

• Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • This creates the export file (.vcf)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
    • Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
    • Find the folder called temp and open it (if you don't find a temp folder, open folder options/view/and choose show hidden files/ then OK)
    • Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
    • When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
    • Your done…
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryCopper View Post

• Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • Your done…
    I just recently upgraded to the Epic 4G and that worked great to allow me to switch my contacts over. I will sure miss this community though. It has been very helpful. Take care you guys.