Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    This is happening with notes from my Google contacts also.
    Quote Originally Posted by appia View Post
    For some unknown reason, the text in Notes field of Contacts app includes html codes <BR></BR> in the midst of usual texts, without any line breaks.

As soon as I click Edit button, the Notes field all looks normal with line breaks, ready for editing. No trace of <BR></BR> codes.

By the way the Notes field looks normal in Gmail contacts.

Why is it? How to fix it?
    Same thing happening to me. Did you ever get an answer? It seems to only have started since my upgrade to 1.4.5. I'm using Outlook, and interesting that when I go to add a note or edit it, there are no HTML <br> codes, but as soon as I save it, they reappear. Not for all contacts though. I'm wondering where to begin troubleshooting - Chapura, Outlook, or Palm.
    Since upgrading my (Bell Mobility) Pre to 1.4.5, I've noticed <br> and </br> codes inserted in the Notes field of Contacts. Anyone having this issue? I use Outlook 2007 and Chapura as my sync manager. Not sure where to begin troubleshooting (with what company). Thanks.
    <<threads merged - same issues>>
    I am experiencing this also after an OTA update to 1.4.5 syncing with Exchange 2007.
    Check out http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Soft.../312679#M20143 on the Palm Support forums. Lots of people with same issue.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/19/2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: edited link
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    it's a bug that came with 1.4.5 the <br /> should make a new line... in the edit mode it's fine but in the contact
    Exactly what I'm seeing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<threads merged - same issues>>
    Sorry, I realized that after posting the second one and couldn't figure out how to delete the duplicate question. Feel free to do so if you wish.

BTW, big Seinfeld fan here as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbear View Post
    Anyone having this issue?
    Everyone having this issue!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Put me down as another Sprint OS update v 1.4.5.1 user seeing the Contacts Notes field HTML bug- and it is NOT related to patches nor to syncing to MS. Exchange... I verified existence while all patches were gone, and I do not touch any Exchange server... So, it apparently is something that is a "state" issue and some bit needs to get tested and flippedin what I can only imagine should be a pretty simple patch for an accomplished programmer of such things... Or so I hope?
    Mike
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    When I open up a contact, the "Notes" section where I usually write down directions, names etc.....for some reason has a bunch of random symbols between the notes I have written. The typical symbols are /><br />. I think it has something about spaces or indents????
    When I go to edit the note, the symbols disappear and everything is organized and clear! When I hit "done" the symbols come back!
    This happens with all my contacts that has a note attached.
    This just happened a couple of weeks ago...perhaps when I updated to 1.4.5????
    Anybody know how to fix this?
    I noticed it too yesterday .. no idea how/why it happened!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    This is a know palm bug that was not fixed with 1.4.5 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $i$ $think$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $fixed$ $in$ $the$ $next$ $release$
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    This is a know palm bug that was not fixed with 1.4.5 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $i$ $think$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $fixed$ $in$ $the$ $next$ $release$
    I believe this was actually a bug that introduced by 1.4.5 ... never saw it before that, but pretty much everyone sees it now (several threads already have discussed this).
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Already been acknowledged and reported on Palm's support site.

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Notes were fine until 1.4.5 update....What a joke.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Me too. What a joke. I don't have a lot of faith in HP. How could they overlook such an obvious bug?
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Wow! Same here bug happened after 1.4.5 upgrade.

I use PocketMirror, so I thought that was what was causing it.

Now that I see Google people are getting it, I won't spend time trying to hunt down for a reason.

It's a bug!

Does anyone know if Palm was notified and is aware of this bug?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

You know what sucks t-nuts Rob Rudge darby the dingbat sipping soup? The fact that I reinstalled the 130 packages and uberkerneled after 1.4.5 and we're going to get another dag gone update from Palm to fix this dumb stupid problem. Here goes another whole bunch of time spent on EPR-ing and un-theming and un-overclocking, and then redoing all of that again.

Why can't Palm get the update correct the first time? Don't they test it out with their test Pres first?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    <<threads merged>>
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast