1.    #1  
    I turned in my old Pre that I purchased in sept 09 and was given a refurb pre by Sprint.

The refurb is in new condition and runs perfect.

My question is: I notice that the button on the face of my old pre was white, and the new pre is a dark grey/black. Does this difference indicate anything about the age of my replacement phone (I want to make sure that I don;t have an older problematic phone before my warranty is up in sept.)?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Go into the Phone app and type in ##786#

That'll pull up a screen full of details about your Pre including recondition date and status.

Dont think any of that info's really helpful but its there.
    I bet they replace that button as part of the refurb process. Used ones would be full of finger grease and stress cracks. I know they tried to reduce the brightness in later builds, which is part of what caused the color change.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I bet they replace that button as part of the refurb process. Used ones would be full of finger grease and stress cracks. I know they tried to reduce the brightness in later builds, which is part of what caused the color change.
    I got a completely new out of the box Pre with the silver button. It was made in October. But I heard some people have new ones from later than that that are back to the white button.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Go into the Phone app and type in ##786#

That'll pull up a screen full of details about your Pre including recondition date and status.

Dont think any of that info's really helpful but its there.
    I did that, and it says that mine has a manufacture date of 7/09. Lame.