1.    #1  
    What is the best backup tool out there right now for WebOS? I need to send my Pre in to get the keyboard fixed and I want to back up everything, my call logs, texts, pictures, music, etc. Thanks!
    Unfortunately there is no such a thing in WEB OS yet. The back up from palm only backs up certain things. What I did is I made a list of all the patches etc. and use the palm backup and the contact sync. Also used Mirror from chapura to sync contacts etc with outlook. Even that is not that good because mirror will only sync the default profile at the time of sync.
    there are two backup apps in the preware catalog. contacts and app store purchases are automatically restored from your palm profile. The preware solutions will cover almost everything else, except for the stuff you need to copy off the usb drive - such as pictures or music...

I doctored last week and recovered all but about 4 rogue patches with almost no effort other than copying a few things to my PC and then back to my doctored PC...

the previous post is incorrect in saying there are no backup solutions.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno View Post
    What is the best backup tool out there right now for WebOS? I need to send my Pre in to get the keyboard fixed and I want to back up everything, my call logs, texts, pictures, music, etc. Thanks!
    ps, what's wrong with your keyboard? someone posted in these forums that the sticky keyboard (skipping letters while typing) was cleared up by spraying a tiny amount of wd-40 on the keyboard. As crazy as it sounds, it might not hurt if you are going to send it off for a replacement. Certainly NOT if they are going to repair the one you are sending... as they would assume that was the cause of the problem and void the warranty.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    The options in Preware are the Pre Backup Utility and Save/Restore.

They are free and both work well. However do some looking around the forums as I know there are some things to be done for messaging and call logs. Save/Restore backs up messages but doesn't restore them. I don't know how the Pre Backup Utility does it. I do know there are ways to do it spelled out very well here in these forums.
    Cant you get into USB mode and back up your pictures, music and a few other things with out a keyboard?
    I know you can, but not your texts
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into those two programs on preware, my keyboard is not completely gone but some keys are giving me problems, since I am still under the one year Palm warranty, Palm will fix it for free. Thanks again.
    Ditto on the thanks guys. I just ordered a replacement for my Day 1 Pre and will need to do the same thing.