Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the replies everyone Haha I just wanted to make sure that the OS update would show up whenever it gets here.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Means your profile thinks some app is installed that has an update. I had to PM Hardbeatz to fix with my Palm Profile email address.
    I had the same thing going on, went to the Palm site and had a IM with a tech who solved it for me. Here's what I did, blow by blow, so to speak...

Click on Device information>reset options>erase apps & data>phone reboots>asks for language>confirm>TOS for Palm>prompt to sign into my palm profile>Palm restores the backed up data>prompt to sign into email account(s)>screen will say Setup Complete, click done>phone reboots again>email accounts go into sync after reboot.
    All my apps were restored, had to change my wallpaper back, sign back into my WAP and redo a few of the sound and screen settings to my liking as they revert to default.
    The issue was resolved after I did these steps.
    Last edited by Beringse; 08/10/2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added ending statement
    Im going to hold out. Most of my apps tend to get updates every few days. Im hoping when one gets an actual update itll clear the problem on its own.
    Yeah, I did the reset because I got tired of checking for updates and every app I had was showing up, but no prompt for an update for any of them almost like the OTA was hung up or something.
    Had the issue for months, once I have 1.4.5.1 safely installed & working I will PM HardBeatZ to see if I can get my profile fixed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Same thing here. If it only shows "updates available" when there are none, I can live with that.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Bleh it's still doing it. If it ends up blocking my 1.4.5. update, then i'll just doctor it or something
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Bleh it's still doing it. If it ends up blocking my 1.4.5. update, then i'll just doctor it or something
    That would be a waste of time. It's all related to your profile. Contact HardBeatz to fix it.
    mine gives the option to download the new OS, when I click to download it, it starts checking for updates again. Is this this there mistake, or a fix on my end?
    Downloading now in NYC... the looping has stopped.
    <<Threads Merged>>

Please do not post updates about 1.4.5 in this thread - we have an official thread for that.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure that the culprit for me is the Random Numbers app. The problem is, no matter how often I install and reinstall it, this keeps cropping up because the catalog will only install v1.0 but constantly remind you of 1.0.4 being available. It downloads it, but never properly installs the new version.
    yeah im suffering from this problem too...i tried pretty much everything i could think of to fix it but it doesnt help(dr, remove all apps, remove all patches, and try to find out what app is causing this which i cant remember...) i just have to deal with it i guess :/...ive been dealing with it for a few months anyway xD...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I had the same problem. Turned out the problem was an app that I had deleated was updated and for some reason, Palm kept thinking I still had it. I had to reinstall the app and then delete again (MUCH easier and better than Doctoring). A user named HardBeatZ was kind enough to help me find which app it was that was causing the problem.
    Can you say more, Courousant? I've deleted about a half dozen apps and would like to try this approach.
    I fixed the problem by deleting the app "Time Tracker", which I never used anyway.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beringse View Post
    had to change my wallpaper back, sign back into my WAP and redo a few of the sound and screen settings to my liking as they revert to default.
    The issue was resolved after I did these steps.
    This is the problem. I've doctored twice and full reset twice. Each time, it comes with three hours of restoring settings and reloading apps. That's a lack of respect for customers time.

I cannot download an app that I just paid for because of this problem, and I need it now - not in 3 hours.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    actually got it.

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    I used a variant found at TreoCentral.com Mobile Forums (Thanks sketch42 07:39 PM 02/16/2010). It is this:

Ran Preware
    searched for "Terminal" - loaded it - ran it
    Typed the following:

cd /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/
    rm installHistory.db
    reboot (reboot is a command that can be typed in terminal)

Result: Phantom app gone. pReader update worked. And my new Paid app showed up as a paid app, but when I clicked to buy, it said "Download for free" so I did and all is good (and the developer got paid!) Yay!

And best of all - didn't have to tether to my PC

And even better still - no 3 hours of work after a WebDoctoring.

Everytime I run Updates, it shows "Application updates are now available", but upon running 'Show Updates' there are no updates available. This problem has been there for almost a month now and I have tried the 'terminal' method above, but the problem still remains. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but when I go to My Applications to see if there are updates, I get the yellow triangle with the ! in it saying it's unavailable and to try again later. I tried the steps above twice with deleting the installHistory.db and it is still happening. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast