Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So...My Sprint plan is now eligible for an upgrade to a different phone. I'm definitely not switching to another far inferior phone that Sprint carries...The question I have is...Does it make sense to swap out the Pre that I have for a brand new one? Or should I wait to see what new devices popup from HP/Palm?

I know the general opinion will of course be to wait...But there's also nothing better than the feeling of having a never-before-touched brand new device in your hands. So...to your comments.

Is there anyone here that is eligible for the upgrade and are waiting to see what new is around the corner? Anyone worried that the new devices aren't going to be available on Sprint, much like the Palm/Pixi Plus devices weren't? Does anyone think HP is going to kick Sprint to the curb? I haven't seen much Sprint love from Palm in awhile...and it worries me.
    I as many of us here can make the move now at any time. Most of us though I think are in a "wait and see mode". My bet is by October or November HP will be making a **** storm promotion.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/08/2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: posting around language filter
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    keep the pre, I'm waiting on 3 lines myself. The next device will be leaked very soon, once stock gets depleted in current models.
    I think in feb or so palm announced they were working on several devices.
    hp said they are keeping palms roadmap, and that several devices are on tap. Dec would be the latest in my opinion, I'm guessing a back to school sept launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I as many of us here can make the move now at any time. Most of us though I think are in a "wait and see mode". My bet is by October or November HP will be making a **** storm promotion.
    I agree. A lot of ppl jumped to the Evo only to return to webOS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/08/2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: edited quoted text
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I agree. A lot of ppl jumped to the Evo only to return to webOS.
    oow thats right, I forgot about that.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    yeah I know 3 people that jumped to the evo and went back to the pre... One that craiglisted his pre so used his upgrade on a new pre. He's the impatient type lol
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    One that craiglisted his pre so used his upgrade on a new pre. He's the impatient type lol
    wow, what a terrific waste of an upgrade
    yup. AND he asked if I would put preware back on cuz he doesn't remember... I told him, he's big boy, he can do it himself, there is even how to's with pictures and everything.... He figured it out.
    yeah my upgrade started on july 1st but im deciding to wait...was first thinking about switching to the EVO because i liked it and played with it a few hours at the sprint store...but now im just going to wait for the next palm phone because I like palm and webos! ...also in part because the EVO is still sold out at all my local retailers >_>...
    Personally, I'd wait to see what HP/Palm has in the fire. I'd hate to upgrade and then regret it if the new phones are drool-worthy.
    Been postponing upgrade for a month now; I'm in the wait and see category. Until android somehow come close to or matches webos in ease of multitask and alert management, I wont be switching. They sure got awesome hardware though.
    i'm waiting, my buddy 'ugraded' to the Evo two weeks ago and kept the phone for four days before returning it. He did not like the camera (quality of the pics) and even with the faster processor he said it was very choppy and laggy. As far as I am concerned, the Evo is the only phone on Sprint that even comes close, but not close enough. I will wait and upgrade in the fall when HP announces a new device.
    I got bored and ****ed off at my pre so i used my upgrade for a pixi...loved the form factor..but missed the big screen and wifi more than I thought I would...I returned it and will probably get another pre refurb. Ill wait for the next gen webos device
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I've been sitting on an upgrade since January. I had a BB Curve. I recently got a Pre off eBay and am pretty pleased with it. I played with the Evo at a store but couldn't get past the lack of a real keyboard.

I am looking forward to seeing what Palm/HP has in store.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ive been eligible for an upgrade for a couple of months now and have been waiting to see what palm has instore for us. im gonna wait until after mobilebeat this monday before i make my decision
    I'm going to wait for new WebOs or brike Pre. Question for Premier Sprint customers: If. I upgrade does it extend my contract 2 more years from upgrade?
  17.    #17  
    Wow, some of you guys have been waiting for ever. It kinda puts my impatience in check REAL quick haha. Looks like I'll just wait it out. :P
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Very similar position to the OP....eligible as of the 1st to upgrade, but with the buyout going through ahead of schedule, I am hoping something new will be announced or at least leaked in the next couple weeks.

I would advise give it at least two more weeks and if no news, see ya in a year WebOS! We all get that its very important to get the next WebOS device 'right' but those at Sprint can upgrade to a new device for a year and come back to WebOS next year.

Waiting for phantoms and unicorns to show up when the dust is settling is probably a waste of time.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I still have to wait another 5 months for my upgrade. In the meantime, I will most excited to see if HP/Palm can hopscotch the competition, otherwise, I will take a look at whatever else Sprint has. I still believe the Evo is a great phone as compared to anything that's out there, but I am loyal. I stuck with Sprint/Samsung for many years before making the leap to the Pre.

The newest Samsung Epic looks like a great phone too. I tend to like seeing the underdog get ahead-- that's why I am such a fan of Sprint and Palm. If Palm's next phone doesn't knock it outta the park, then Samsung or HTC may be next on the list. In the meantime, I am very happy with my Pre and still love showing off its features to all these people who are bored or frustrated with their ATT/iPhones.
    to the OP... If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast