1.    #1  
    my sister downloaded the mobile hotspot app to her sprint pre from the catalog like a month ago when it was available but it doesn't work..
    Yes, I have it on my Sprint Pre... search for "sprint mobile hotspot" and there is a how-to on it here.
    I followed the directions i found on Precentral and it worked for a while, but recently I have been getting an error when I try to use. I assumed Sprint finally found a way to block it. Anyone else have this happen?
    my "mobile hotspot" app still works very well. No problems as of yet. Much better than the mytether program i was using for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I followed the directions i found on Precentral and it worked for a while, but recently I have been getting an error when I try to use. I assumed Sprint finally found a way to block it. Anyone else have this happen?
    Try turning off the blue tooth when using the hotspot. I was reading that some people were getting a message and that seemed to cure the problem.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Works fine for me, I was using it earlier today to access the Internet with my laptop.
    Just to clarify: I think the OP is talking about the time that mobile hotspot accidentally got into the official sprint catalogue. Unfortunately this is no good and will never work so you might as well delete.

However like mentioned before there is mobile hotspot but you will not find it in the app catalogue. It is a homebrew solution.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Try this link to a previous post. It may or may not still work. Just search for mobile hotspot as an advanced search and click search titles only and you will be able to find the most recent version. Like pip said, it may not be for the average user since it involves homebrew and maybe rooting (can't remember)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-hot-spot.html