Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Over the last two days its randomly become stuck in "Phone offline" mode. Where the little Sprint logo normally sits on the screen it says Phone Offline and there are no bars next to the battery. When I put it on the touchstone it doesn't light up like its charging. After two or three resets it comes back to normal but hours later its offline again. I've never had trouble getting a signal here and the touchstone problem.. well Im hoping it just wont charge when its offline.

Im running patch free but In the past Ive had virtual keyboard, glass, landscape email and landscape messaging on there. I don't think any of those have anything to do with it.
    While it is acting up, have you tried running the diagnostics?

Tap Device Info, then tap preferences in the top left corner, then tap Tests and run through the quick tests and interactive tests. See if that tells you anything.

If not then a visit to the Dr. should be painless. Make sure your Palm Profile is backed up and Dr. away.

If that doesn't fix it, take it to a Sprint corporate store and see if they will replace it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    didn't think to check diagnostics. Doh!

I did a doctoring and now its rebooting to the blue screen where you're normally enter your palm profile. The top left says "Phone offline" and the screen tells me my Phone has encountered a problem it cant resolve and I need to go to Palm/support.

Guess I'll be headed to Sprint tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    talk about crazy. I take it to Sprint this morning and it works perfectly. No problems what so ever.
    But talk about horrible customer service. The guy ask if I'm eligible for an upgrade,which of course I am. the guy goes on a 10 minute sales pitch for the Evo that he doesent even have in stock (and won't have for over a month) while my pre restores all it's info. I told him I was waiting on the next Palm device and he replys Palm is a dead company, and that HP Isn't making palm phones. I rolled my eyes took my phone back and thanked him for his time.

I realize he's just trying to make a sale but get your head out of your **** there buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    talk about crazy. I take it to Sprint this morning and it works perfectly. No problems what so ever.
    But talk about horrible customer service. The guy ask if I'm eligible for an upgrade,which of course I am. the guy goes on a 10 minute sales pitch for the Evo that he doesent even have in stock (and won't have for over a month) while my pre restores all it's info. I told him I was waiting on the next Palm device and he replys Palm is a dead company, and that HP Isn't making palm phones. I rolled my eyes took my phone back and thanked him for his time.

I realize he's just trying to make a sale but get your head out of your **** there buddy.

Glad to hear it is working. Next time it fails take it in broke. LOL

The sales pitch thing sucks though. But I am sure people who aren't using Palm devices (especially WebOS ones) probably haven't followed much of the HP/Palm acquisition.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Got home and surprise once I turned on Wifi the Pre got stuck in offline mode again. This time I went to a real Sprint store not a Sprint by Wireless store. The woman at the sprint store took my phone to the techs and just gave me a new Pre. She didn't try to sell me another phone she just fixed my problem. Exactly what I wanted!

The Sprint Store always comes through. Dont know why I didn't go there first.