Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    "Jason Boutang says he was shocked when he opened the bill for his iPhone and saw he had racked up charges of nearly $8,000. Boutang said he used a translator application, which he thought was free, to help him communicate with the French and streamed a Calgary rock radio station for five hours over three days."

That story is funny.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    A reason not to have Virgin Mobile.
    The only criminal thing I see here is the criminal stupidity one must posess to use their phone overseas for three days without having international roaming.
    The phrase "culling the herd" comes to mind.
    The fact that idiots don't triple-verify their coverage and plan details before using their phones in ways like that just spells out "you deserved it."

I feel no sympathy for those people.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    "Jason Boutang says he was shocked when he opened the bill for his iPhone and saw he had racked up charges of nearly $8,000. Boutang said he used a translator application, which he thought was free, to help him communicate with the French and streamed a Calgary rock radio station for five hours over three days."
    Wow, people still don't understand roaming? what a moron.
    What does any of this have to do with the Pre, or the iPhone, for that matter? And why is it not in cross platform?
    Its surprising that he didn't expect or know about roaming charges.

from the article
    What irks him most is he called the company a couple weeks before he left to inform them he would be taking his iPhone with him to Europe.
    I'm curious what was the point of him calling Virgin Mobile. Was he just asking whether his iphone would work over there?