Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    anyone know of any patch or app that kills the screen while charging? I downloadex "quick sys tasks" but don't like the fact of the app having to stay open or min in notification area....

reason I need this is my phone tends to over heat while chargin on the touchstone. I am using uberkernel @ screen state 500/800 and when I pull it off charger current temps are about 104...pretty hot compared to stock 88

thanks!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I'm assuming you are talking about when it is on the touchstone. I was pretty sure that the brightness unlinked patch had an option to turn the screen off while charging, but I just looked in preware and didn't see that patch in there.
    +1 brightness unlinked is what i use.....works great
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Modeswitcher will do what you're looking to do-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Modeswitcher will do what you're looking to do-
    Is this the true name? I cannot find it in preware

Brightness unlink patch does not work with the kernel
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Do a search here for Mode switcher, you have to add in a separate feed in Preware to install-

**Edit**
    Never mind searching, here you go ...
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html
    Last edited by Tedcas; 07/07/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    +1 re: Mode Switcher. I use it to turn off the screen on the Touchstone and love it. Be sure to install the mode menu patch, too, so you can change modes from the Home screen drop-down menu.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Is this the true name? I cannot find it in preware

Brightness unlink patch does not work with the kernel
    I use Brightness Unlinked and UK/Govnah with no problems; I just keep my screen brightness at 20. 500 when on the TS, screen is off.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I just turn off screen when its on the charger. I have the temperature warning patch on too. When it sounds, I slide open phone and let it breath while charging and/or move it out of direct sunlight. While in the car, my ts is velcro-ed between two ac vents which directly blast cool air at it while charging and gps/pandora.
    phone on 800mhz ipkg.
    Brightness unlinked also works for me with UK & Govnah installed.
    Brightness unlinked works some of the time. When the battery gets to 100% though, sometimes the screen just comes back on. Hitting the power button turns the screen of momentarily only. I was using Uberkernel/Govnah. Now I have the F104. Same intermittent screen staying on issues.
    Sounds like it might be an issue with your particular chip set. My Pre doesn't do this. Has anyone else had this happen while running BU and UK? It would be good to know if this is a widespread issue so it can be reported and looked into.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Another vote for Mode Switcher. I have two profiles triggered by putting it on the touchstone. One triggered in the evening, turns off the screen and sets the phone volume to 0. If you pick it up off the ts, it turns the screen back on and sets the volume back to your default. The other triggered during the day sets the volume to max and leaves the screen on so if I am leaving the pre on the ts to charge while I work, I won't miss anything. Very handy program to have. I also have it auto-running a few apps I use all the time so if I reboot the phone, it automatically starts those apps.

Note that it is not a difficult install by any means, but it is currently in a feed not pre-built into Preware. Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread or wait since I think the developer in is in the final stages of pre-release before it will be in the standard webos-internals feed of Preware.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    ^^I had the same issue with my first Pre also. I returned it after a couple weeks because the slider was misaligned and the two halves of the phone did not sit flush. I have the ATT PPP
    Last edited by vasekvi; 07/08/2010 at 08:15 AM.
    I wonder if it's an issue with the ATT PPP?

16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I just cover it with black underwear! It works.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Modeswitcher i think is what i was looking for. Thanks all!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Another vote for Mode Switcher. I have two profiles triggered by putting it on the touchstone. One triggered in the evening, turns off the screen and sets the phone volume to 0. If you pick it up off the ts, it turns the screen back on and sets the volume back to your default. The other triggered during the day sets the volume to max and leaves the screen on so if I am leaving the pre on the ts to charge while I work, I won't miss anything. Very handy program to have. I also have it auto-running a few apps I use all the time so if I reboot the phone, it automatically starts those apps.

Note that it is not a difficult install by any means, but it is currently in a feed not pre-built into Preware. Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread or wait since I think the developer in is in the final stages of pre-release before it will be in the standard webos-internals feed of Preware.
    I cannot get "Mode Switcher" to install. Get ipkg errors.
    Version 0.9.29
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I cannot get "Mode Switcher" to install. Get ipkg errors.
    Version 0.9.29
    One know patch that conflicts with Mode Switcher is Autostart Brightness Unliked with luna restart patch. Worked for me when I uninstalled the autostart BU patch.
    I use Mode switcher for this reason.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)