Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I don't know what happened, but after 7 months my Verizon Palm Pre no longer rings when I get a phone call nor do I get audible alerts when I get an SMS message. I looked in the system sounds preferences and in the Messaging preferences and everything is setup to alert me audibly. I use the Uber Kernel and I have about 15 patches installed, but I cannot tie the change to installing any of these items. The top slider switch is not on mute. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. thorne
    sounds like it could be the aux connector. Do you use headphones or aux jack alot?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I used the headphone jack maybe twice long before this problem started. But in my search of these forums for a solution, I did read that sliding a plug in and out of that jack has helped others. I will try that.

UPDATE - Didn't help. Sigh. Time to visit a Verizon store. And/Or doctor the phone.
    Last edited by thornev; 07/08/2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Went to Verizon store. After verifying the problem at the store, I removed a few apps I no longer use (and removed Uber Kernel). The store rep soft-reset the phone and now it seems I get all audible alerts. Weird. I tried multiple soft resets with no change.
    Glad you got it working again.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Which apps did you remove? My ringer no longer works. When I try to adjust the volume, I get the icon of the bell with the line through it saying I have no sound.
    Highly doubt its an app issue. More than likely it is a hardware issue like the headset being stuck.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Hmm, any ideas on how to fix it? I've never used a headset (if that matters).
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqdan View Post
    Which apps did you remove? My ringer no longer works. When I try to adjust the volume, I get the icon of the bell with the line through it saying I have no sound.
    I removed:
    Uber Kernel
    Luna Manager
    CPU Scaler Ultimate and the service it requires
    Mileage Monitor
    maybe 1 or 2 more I forget.

But if you have the mute icon when you adjust volume, it sounds like some other problem such as your top slider is stuck on mute. thorne
    Top Slider?
    I assume that mens the part that uh.. slides. Is there a way to unstick it? :P
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqdan View Post
    I assume that mens the part that uh.. slides. Is there a way to unstick it? :P
    Try sliding it back and forth quickly WHILE THE PHONE IS OFF (I think if you do it while the phone is on, it causes a reset). But if your mute is staying on, that sounds like a hardware problem to me.
    I'm a frigging *****. The SWITCH on the top was actually set to mute.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm glad it was a simple fix. We all overlook the obvious sometimes. Have a great weekend.

By the way, there is a patch that puts an icon in your top bar when you have the slider set to mute. It's called "Ringer Switch Icon" I think. That way you have a visual indicator and maybe won't fall prey to the same mistake again. Not that you ever would after this episode. =;-)
    Thanks for the help, in any event!