1.    #1  
    my palm pre plus always gets the high temperature alarm when im using mobile hotspot and touchstone, but i continue to use it anyway (im even using it now ). will this break my device? the temperatures from govnah is anywhere from 40 - 44. THANKS!
    are you seeing those temps for the CPU or the battery?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    i would keep the slider open. helps a lot to keep the phone cooler.
    if possible have it near a fan.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    are you seeing those temps for the CPU or the battery?
    those temps are from govnah I don't know if that's battery or CPU
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    i would keep the slider open. helps a lot to keep the phone cooler.
    if possible have it near a fan.
    those temps are with the slider open. It was 48 degrees with it down lol
    from govnah it is CPU. I thought I read that it's safe until 50 deg, but that was talking about battery temp. You should PM one of the Govnah or Kernel developers, or post this question in their threads. They monitor them to provide support, so that might be better for you.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Avoid using the touchstone charger when playing Pdk games, and mobile hotspot.
    40-44 isn't overkill. Mine gets up to 50 pretty fast when I'm doing the same as you. Nothing to worry about if that's as hot as it's getting. Although i'd also recommend not using touchstone with MHS running. Do as said before and just keep a fan running on it but with the usb charger on. Never overheats for me with that combo.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    40-44 isn't overkill. Mine gets up to 50 pretty fast when I'm doing the same as you. Nothing to worry about if that's as hot as it's getting. Although i'd also recommend not using touchstone with MHS running. Do as said before and just keep a fan running on it but with the usb charger on. Never overheats for me with that combo.
    thanks! Too bad I forgot my fan (im on vacation). The fan would also help in this 105 degree weather!
    lol. You could always just blow on it, but in that heat, consciousness may be a concern... :-) keep hydrated!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I don't get it. Palm gives you Mobile Hotspot and a Touchstone charger, but using them together could damage your phone? Am I the only one to whom that doesn't make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I don't get it. Palm gives you Mobile Hotspot and a Touchstone charger, but using them together could damage your phone? Am I the only one to whom that doesn't make sense?
    I would guess that the majority of people running govnah are running some form of modified kernel as well. Running at stock speeds I don't think the majority of users should be okay, regardless running data/wifi/charging at the same time is going to put some heat thru your battery and the radios that are physically just below the battery.

To the OP, it the alarm you are getting for the battery? Before I was ever running govnah I would easily get an alarm streaming something over BT while charging in the wifes car (I know this is not the same as running MHS but would assume with the radios and everything working you are going to see similar heat). Now since running govnah I have not seen too much of that but I can more easily pay attention to CPU temp and make sure to have my slider open when my temp starts getting high. Just saying to check your batt temp, I am guessing with CPU temp in that range, the alarm you are getting is probably from the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47 View Post
    thanks! Too bad I forgot my fan (im on vacation). The fan would also help in this 105 degree weather!
    Well 105f is about 40.55c, the lower the ambient temperature the better obviously but airflow will help alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I totally agree with you (and others are probably tired of hearing me say it), if you're running the stock kernel. Shouldn't have to worry about heat at all if you're running the stock kernel (unless you're in an extreme environment, of course).

Has anyone ever experienced overheating issues? Do we even know what that would look like or how hot the CPU would have to get to cause a problem? As far as I understand, no one really knows what the limits are and Govnah and the temp alarm are both set on the conservative side to ensure overclockers are safe (which I agree is a good idea).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer