1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Been looking around for this and everyone seems to want the opposite! I want the touchstone clock and lock screen to show up when I plug my pre into a normal wall or car charger. Is this possible? Or is there a patch for this?

Would like the time and notifications to show up all the time, especially when driving for example.

Cheers
    Ollie
    I think there is a patch that tells it not to turn off at all when charging...

But, I'll tell you what I prefer... Put a touchstone in your car! Paired with a Palm lighter plug, that is the best "car kit" ever. It stays where you put it, and keeps you charged. I'm about to move mine next to my Garmin by extending my ProClip so the air vent will keep it cool, too.

Give that a try. Touchstones are so cheap these days (RadioShack, Amazon, etc are selling them for less than $20).

I have at least 5 of them, but I've lost count...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  3.    #3  
    Havent got any flat / free surfaces to attach a touchstone too and its a company car so can't go drilling. I did see the patch not to turn off at all but i do like the clock screen! Wish touchstones were that cheap here in the UK. Costs about £70 - 80 for the tablet, cable and car charger so bit expensive!

Cheers anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I think there is a patch that tells it not to turn off at all when charging...

But, I'll tell you what I prefer... Put a touchstone in your car! Paired with a Palm lighter plug, that is the best "car kit" ever. It stays where you put it, and keeps you charged. I'm about to move mine next to my Garmin by extending my ProClip so the air vent will keep it cool, too.

Give that a try. Touchstones are so cheap these days (RadioShack, Amazon, etc are selling them for less than $20).

I have at least 5 of them, but I've lost count...
    I 100% agree. I've had one in my car since I saw the first post on this a long while back and I can't imagine my car without it. In fact, I think this was a huge lack of foresight by Palm. We all know that accessories are a hugely profitable arm of any product, and by not producing a legit car kit, Palm missed a golden opportunity to cash in on what is the most unique and convenient way to charge your pre/pixi in your car. I have mine mounted high on my dash (Mazda CX-7) and it is incredible. Plus, I love the looks and comments I get from people who are in my car for the first time and see the set-up. It's pretty slick.
    But back to the OP, I actually don't know of a patch that will let you see the same lock screen while USB charging. It might actually be a good request for those who would like to see the clock on their pre, but don't want the screen on permanently. A patch request might be a good idea.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy87 View Post
    Havent got any flat / free surfaces to attach a touchstone too and its a company car so can't go drilling. I did see the patch not to turn off at all but i do like the clock screen! Wish touchstones were that cheap here in the UK. Costs about £70 - 80 for the tablet, cable and car charger so bit expensive!

Cheers anyway
    I used double-sided tape pads. They work great and let you mount it pretty much anywhere. There's no way I would drill for any reason into my car's dash.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

Cheers anyway
    It doesn't even need to be all that flat. The Touch Stone has a tacky bottom like a sticky note. It's really grippy but doesn't stick. Try it, really.

Also, the ProClip doesn't require any drilling. they make custom devices for every car. worth it if you will be driving that car for a while. If not, the touch stone on the dashboard or center console will work great. Mine isn't flat but it stays put.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  7.    #7  
    Okay,

Appreciate the suggestions of a touchstone but as it will require me to spend a further fortune on the phone (just bought a car mount for it), I'd rather a 'free' version. May suggest the screen change as a possible patch if someone can do it.
    Cheers all.

Ollie

Cheers anyway
    You missed out on o2's May madness. I managed to get my second TS (had 1st one free) and the worldwide adapter kit with cable all for £25. Was loving it. I also managed to get myself a free car charger, so that was nice of them.
    I just hope they now have a silly September where they cut prices by 75% so I can snag another two TS.