1.    #1  
    I need to print messages sent to my Palm Pre. What Apps can be helpful?

I also need to get messages off og a Palm Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sella View Post
    I need to print messages sent to my Palm Pre. What Apps can be helpful?

I also need to get messages off og a Palm Treo.
    While some have gone to great lengths to make printing work on the Pre it is a very complicated process (so it seems to me).

So, for the rest of us... I would recommend forwarding the messages to an email address you can open at a computer that is attached to a printer or has one available on a network.

If they are SMS and you need to preserve the time/date stamp then take a screenshot of the messages and then email them to an address you can open at a computer that is attached to a printer or has one available on a network.
    Best way is to sms your message to your PC email address (yes, you can do that - just enter the address into the "to:" section).

From your desktop, if you have a printer, you can print it out from your email application when you recieve it.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Best way is to sms your message to your PC email address (yes, you can do that - just enter the address into the "to:" section).

From your desktop, if you have a printer, you can print it out from your email application when you recieve it.
    Yes, he can do that. But it only sends the txt from the SMS message and not the time/date stamp (if he has that patch on). It just depends on what he needs the SMS/Email msgs for.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/07/2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: type o correction
    someone good with sqlLite could essentially pull the palmdatabase.db3 file and extract just the database with the text messages contained- then all of the pertinent info would be there in a nice table format....
  6.    #6  
    OK but I need to capture a trail of several messages. I need sender, time & date also.

What are you using to capture the images?
    You can do a screen capture...hold the orange or gray key and sym and Pnay the same time and you will do a screen capture and it is stored in your photo app.

OK but I need to capture a trail of several messages. I need sender, time & date also.

Orange + Symbol + P

The captures will be in folder called screen captures.
    Which Treo do you use? The WinMobile ones or PalmOS? If PalmOS you need a PC application called TreoDesktop or something called like that (memory kind of hazy). Search TreoCentral forums, should be there. It's made by an Italian guy. For WinMo Treo's you are rather out of luck. All SMS is saved in a file called PalmMsgVol, not at the usual place of other WinMo phones. You can copy it to your PC and read it with hex editor, I suppose. If you need call logs be aware that all Treos only stores the last 300.
    really no apps or plugs can be installed to pre to deal with it???

Here is a better option perhaps. Install Save/Restore and do a Save of your messaging data. Then connect to a computer via USB and browse to /media/internal/saverrestore/com.palm.app.messaging in that folder will be a zip file. Copy that to a computer and open it. Inside there should be an html file with the date, time, number and txt body of all of your text messages on your phone at the time you do the save.