Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those gray squared boxes are becoming a vexatious problem when scrolling. I wish there was a patch/kernel or Hpalm could eradicate this problem.

Are you annoyed by this?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have to scroll really fast to get the checkers. It's not nearly asbad as it used to be for me. Doesn't bother me any more.

edit: I think it's worse on full sites and I usually go to mobile sites
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Rush, You overclock, yes?
    This issue disappeared for me when I installed uberkernel, and hasn't returned using 105. I thought that the kernels allowed faster page load/rendering. I'm not a tech, my terminology could be off, but I never get the checkerboard anymore.
    I am running f105 and it happens when I come on Precentral sometimes.
    So what would you like to appear on the screen when visiting pages that have not fully loaded?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    So what would you like to appear on the screen when visiting pages that have not fully loaded?
    Do we get a choice HardBeatZ? How about a patch for this... LOL
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    LOL, seriously some things that people complain about. There really is no getting around it, its part of the web kit that even the iPhone OS uses.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I think he wants the page to load faster so he just sees the page as he scrolls. I think this has improved in the last year, but pages with a lot of graphics still have the problem.
    the checkerboard pattern only pops up when a request is made in the browser that the processor cant complete yet. slower processors do this alot when they're charged with full sites often. you can either install an overclocking kernel to rid it, orrr wait till the next device pops up with a better processor
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Rush, You overclock, yes?
    This issue disappeared for me when I installed uberkernel, and hasn't returned using 105. I thought that the kernels allowed faster page load/rendering. I'm not a tech, my terminology could be off, but I never get the checkerboard anymore.
    Really, I've used all kernels and sometime on PC site.. I do see them.
  11.    #11  
    I'm not referring to sites that are still loading. I usually wait until pages are fully renderd before scrolling. I've tried this with and without overclocking, and both results seems to be the same.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    LOL, seriously some things that people complain about. There really is no getting around it, its part of the web kit that even the iPhone OS uses.
    You think this is complaining... Check the forum! Have a good day!

(note) This is a forum for- Problems/Issues/Concern.

Cheers!
    Yeah, i'll like my page to load quickly when im using wifi, thank you very much. The phone seems to load pages slower when im using WiFi and then it disconnects the WiFi connection when i leave it laying for a while. Palm tells me that its my routers fault.
    I see it sometimes on the iPad's browser as well, but not as often as the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah, i'll like my page to load quickly when im using wifi, thank you very much. The phone seems to load pages slower when im using WiFi and then it disconnects the WiFi connection when i leave it laying for a while. Palm tells me that its my routers fault.

I always thought that pre disconnects from wifi on screen off and reconnects when the screen is active to preserve battery...
    I wouldn't be surprised if the update due this fall fixes the issue... GPU support can't hurt when it comes to rendering stuff.

They could always replace the checkered pattern with a picture of a mime stuck in a glass box.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    I always thought that pre disconnects from wifi on screen off and reconnects when the screen is active to preserve battery...
    Yeah, but i want to be the one who controls that. i enabled the setting to leave WiFi on but my Pre just does what it wants. Palm tells me that its basically my fault that i got my linksys router.
    It's not a bug. It's a feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    It's not a bug. It's a feature.
    Yeah. But can someone explain to me why WiFi tends to be slower than EVDO? Thats crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Aren't you that guy who advises people to commit insurance fraud?
    When was this?.................

Edit: OHHHHHHHHHHHH! I remember what you're talking about. I was just kidden... Dont do it guys.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast