Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I got my Sprint Pre back in September and have had two replacements since. As we all know, the battery is not the best on these phones. The latest refurbished phone I have is the worst yet! I go to bed with %70 battery and the phone is dead by the time I get up for work. This is anywhere from 6-7 hours or so, with my weather app (weather dashboard) running and Wifi on and my alarm set (MyClock). Even if I go to bed at %100, I'll wake up at anywhere from %20-%30. I used Battery Monitor on my last phone and would use it on this phone as well, but it will probably just get me angrier .
    I tried purchasing a bigger battery through Mugen and had a really bad experience, so have not gone down that route again.

This is all on top of some WiFi issues and some hardware issue (discoloration at the bottom of the screen) as well.
    I DO NOT want to switch to another brand of phone b/c WebOS is simply the best, but this hardware crap is really pushing me to my limit.

Location Services-off
    WiFi-on
    Bluetooth-off

Signed,
    Abit Frustrated
    Why not charge the battery while you're sleeping? Then you wake up with 100%!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why not charge the battery while you're sleeping? Then you wake up with 100%!
    Being the lazy ******* that i am, I do not want to have to unplug my stuff every night to move it into my bedroom and then unplug it again to move it back into the living room in the morning. I already have two touchstones, one at home and one at work and do not want to dish out more cash for a 3rd charger of some sort. It's really just too much to have some type of charge on my phone, especially when it is sitting idle all night long! This did not happen with the two previous phones (especially at %70 or more before going to bed). Way too excessive, don't you think?
    I use an app called Battery Saver. It will automatically put your phone in and out of airplane mode at set times, thus saving battery drain. Of course, you won't get any calls/texts, etc. while in airplane mode, but if you're sleeping anyway, this might work for you.

Don
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    I use an app called Battery Saver. It will automatically put your phone in and out of airplane mode at set times, thus saving battery drain. Of course, you won't get any calls/texts, etc. while in airplane mode, but if you're sleeping anyway, this might work for you.

Don
    Thanks Don, I've seen that before. I might have to check it out or just put the phone in airplane mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    I got my Sprint Pre back in September and have had two replacements since. As we all know, the battery is not the best on these phones. The latest refurbished phone I have is the worst yet! I go to bed with %70 battery and the phone is dead by the time I get up for work. This is anywhere from 6-7 hours or so, with my weather app (weather dashboard) running and Wifi on and my alarm set (MyClock). Even if I go to bed at %100, I'll wake up at anywhere from %20-%30. I used Battery Monitor on my last phone and would use it on this phone as well, but it will probably just get me angrier .
    I tried purchasing a bigger battery through Mugen and had a really bad experience, so have not gone down that route again.

Signed,
    Abit Frustrated
    Just go in to Sprint and complain about your battery. It seems they've seen this issue before and they'll replace it for you. I took mine in, they asked 0 questions. They just took it in the back, tested it, said it was bad, and handed me a new battery. It was an awesome experience and I got a brand new battery out of it.

Give Sprint's customer service a try. I think you'll be happy with the results.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    Just go in to Sprint and complain about your battery. It seems they've seen this issue before and they'll replace it for you. I took mine in, they asked 0 questions. They just took it in the back, tested it, said it was bad, and handed me a new battery. It was an awesome experience and I got a brand new battery out of it.

Give Sprint's customer service a try. I think you'll be happy with the results.
    Very good suggestion! I might hit them up on my way home today. It's always hit or miss with those guys....and hopefully they wont say anything about all of the tweeks/patches I have on the phone, lol.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Please post here and let us know if a new battery does help with your rapid drain issue? I've been having problems with that lately too, and am assuming its a software thing. If a new battery is all we need, I'll hustle down to the Sprint store ASAP!

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Please post here and let us know if a new battery does help with your rapid drain issue? I've been having problems with that lately too, and am assuming its a software thing. If a new battery is all we need, I'll hustle down to the Sprint store ASAP!

Good luck!
    Absolutely.....will keep y'all posted.
    I had an issue similar to this... My battery would drain at a real fast click, I ended up buying a replacement battery on Amazon for about 13 bucks and it seems to have solved the problem!

I had heard about walking into a Sprint Store and complaining about the battery but my local store was packed when I went in a few days back and I was already just waiting for the battery to arrive from Amazon so I didnt push the issue. I may go back to Sprint and complain anyways and see if I get a battery out of it, 2 is better than 1 I guess!
    I keep an extra battery (the Mugen 1400) plus my OEM battery, and use this device to keep the other one charged up:

http://store.precentral.net/mobi-pro...5A100A5688.htm

Swap out the battery whenever it gets low.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I keep an extra battery (the Mugen 1400) plus my OEM battery, and use this device to keep the other one charged up:

http://store.precentral.net/mobi-pro...5A100A5688.htm

Swap out the battery whenever it gets low.
    I seriously thought about doing that quite awhile ago. I have 3 chargers already and it really comes down to economics for me. I just can't justify having to purchase all of these chargers to have my cell phone function for me on a daily basis. I mean....yeesh! If I go to bed with the phone at %100 charge and wake up with only %20-%30 charge then something seems really wrong! The fact that this was not the case with my previous two phones really says something is wrong with this battery/phone and something needs to be done.
    I'm going to try going to Sprint today at some point and see what they can/can't do. I might even contact Hpalm or something and see if they can help me.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    The phone is now at a Sprint (Ready Now) store being "looked at". I will update when they let me know whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    The phone is now at a Sprint (Ready Now) store being "looked at". I will update when they let me know whats up.
    Well the Mugen 1400 has given me improved performance for my primary battery, but I've kept the OEM for a spare battery and it's nice to have a spare already charged any time I need it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Well the Mugen 1400 has given me improved performance for my primary battery, but I've kept the OEM for a spare battery and it's nice to have a spare already charged any time I need it.
    I placed an order for the Mugen 1400 battery and they totally screwed me over. I would have had to wait almost a month to get the damned thing.
    Sprint is going to replace the phone for me (4th time now). Now I'm having an issue with Preware and the saved package list....lol
    If things keep going like they are with this phone....who knows whats going to happen. I've had it since last September and truly love WebOs, but it is really starting to kill me slowly with all of these hardware issues.
    Sorry you've had problems getting the Mugen.
    Mine arrived in less than 2 weeks & I've been real happy with it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Sorry you've had problems getting the Mugen.
    Mine arrived in less than 2 weeks & I've been real happy with it.
    I just chatted with Palm and they are sending me a new battery as well.....I didn't feel the person really knew what she was talking about but she was nice and finally offered to send me one. Very cool.
    i love my pre i know one of its flaws is its battery life but i accepted that fact and worked my way around it. i always carry my usb wire everywhere i go with my girlfriends pixi outlet adapter because it is smaller, i am also rocking the f105 thunderchief kernel so i make sure im always ready to recharge. im proud of my pre i love showing off my mulitask skillz. heh heh alllll right....
    STOCKTON, CA!
    wake up
    stay alive
    use pre
    survived
    back to bed
    I have been using a Mugen 1400 since Dec. and also very happy with the battery. I am not a heavy gamer, just use my Pre for everyday use (phone calls, texting, checking email and few other apps) and I can go a long day and still have 60% to 70% battery left. I never need my stock battery for backup. Using a TS chargers in my car and at home makes battery issues a thing of the past, I mean you have to set your phone down, so set down on a TS charger.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    So I got the replacement phone and have had it since last Friday with the same battery in it from my last phone. It seems to be much much better at this point! We'll see what happens after a week of normal use.

jjeffcoat & netwrkr9, what website did you go to for the Mugen battery? Did you go directly to Mugen's website or go through a different website?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast