1.    #1  
    I just updated Pre Backup Utility thru Preware and when it finished installing my Pre instantly went into a reboot and it hasn't stopped trying to boot past the Palm logo since. Going on 1 hr now! I've done so many battery pulls and at least a dozen times tried the old hold the power button down, insert power cord to get into usb, connect to doctor and gets to 8% before the phone goes thru a blip during reboot and shows as disconnected by the doctor. Anyone ever experience this before? I'm out of ideas so it looks like a trip to the Sprint store tomorrow!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

2.    #2  
    And it's a launch day Pre!

that happened to my Pre, only the reboot started when I did an OTA update. Tried doctoring, calling Sprint support, who transferred me to advanced support and eventually Palm support, none of whom could help me. Took it in to Sprint, who tried doctoring it there, and eventually gave me a new phone. Too bad - I lost some good pics and other data on the usb drive too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    that happened to my Pre, only the reboot started when I did an OTA update. Tried doctoring, calling Sprint support, who transferred me to advanced support and eventually Palm support, none of whom could help me. Took it in to Sprint, who tried doctoring it there, and eventually gave me a new phone. Too bad - I lost some good pics and other data on the usb drive too.
    Those things can be recovered from such a phone with the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't know if this helps, but a few months ago, I got stuck on the palm screen too. I did a simple reboot with the orange-symble-r button combo. And this did the trick.. Maybe a simple fix, worth the try!! Hope it helps!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but a few months ago, I got stuck on the palm screen too. I did a simple reboot with the orange-symble-r button combo. And this did the trick.. Maybe a simple fix, worth the try!! Hope it helps!
    Thanks for the help. I tried this already but it doesn't work. I still get a Palm logo then after 30 seconds the screen flashes off like it's going to the boot logo but it just pulls up the Palm logo again and continues on it's loop.

Any ideas Rod? I suspect I'm off to the Sprint store today. Was runnind F105 without hickups of any kind for the past 2 weeks and Uber before that since it hit Preware...again without any hickups.

I had the same problem on my Pre and thought it was a lost cause. I ended up getting it out of this loop in a slightly different way. I tried all the DRs that I had archived, wasn't sure why I saved them, but sure glad I did, I kept going back to older DRs until I finally was able to get one loaded properly. It ended up being one of the earliest ones, 1.2.1 which solved my issue. Once I Dr'd with that one, it came back to log into Profile screen at which point I then Dr'd to 1.4.0 and all was good to go. My take on it was that there something hosed on the USB partition and the newer DRs do not wipe that. Once I used an older one which wipes it all clean, everything was back to Norm. I may have lose my USB data, but its a phone and not a backup device for me. I run my own shell script backups each night and had everything saved.
    try connecting the pre through a powered usb hub and retry to dr that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Thanks for the help. I tried this already but it doesn't work. I still get a Palm logo then after 30 seconds the screen flashes off like it's going to the boot logo but it just pulls up the Palm logo again and continues on it's loop.

Any ideas Rod? I suspect I'm off to the Sprint store today. Was runnind F105 without hickups of any kind for the past 2 weeks and Uber before that since it hit Preware...again without any hickups.
    can you novaterm in

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I've done so many battery pulls and at least a dozen times tried the old hold the power button down, insert power cord to get into usb
    Hold Volume up not power button.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    If you haven't already gone to the Sprint store:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ctor-work.html
    Follow the instructions on the recovery page on Main Page - WebOS Internals

-- Rod