Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone's Pre lost the ability to hear when held up to your ear? The only way I can get it to work (it seldom does) is by gripping it and try flexing the screen right to left. Speaker phone works fine, Bluetotoh works fine. Thisstarted a few days ago, was wondering if anyone experienced this.

    Thanks in advance!
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. END
    END is offline
    END's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #3  
    Sounds like you have the stuck in headset mode issue. My daughters Pixi just got it. We went to Sprint, they tried to fix it, could not and are replacing it.
    There are threads on here if you search "Stuck in headset mode" which have some suggestions to try and fix the issue.
    I think best bet though is to go to Sprint and get a new one if they can't fix it.
  3. #4  
    Plug and unplug a headset like 300 times until it fixes itself
  4.    #5  
    Thank you to everyone for helping me out!
    Jimmie Geddes
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by END View Post
    Sounds like you have the stuck in headset mode issue. My daughters Pixi just got it. We went to Sprint, they tried to fix it, could not and are replacing it.
    There are threads on here if you search "Stuck in headset mode" which have some suggestions to try and fix the issue.
    I think best bet though is to go to Sprint and get a new one if they can't fix it.
    Did they charge you for a replacement? This is the 5th Pre I'm on. A few times Sprint has tried to charge me, had the crack in the screen spider webbing from the USB port, keys on the keyboard stopped working, etc. I always ask for a supervisor and get out of having to pay them to send a replacement.

    Thanks again for everyone's help!
    Jimmie Geddes
  6. END
    END is offline
    END's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Did they charge you for a replacement? This is the 5th Pre I'm on. A few times Sprint has tried to charge me, had the crack in the screen spider webbing from the USB port, keys on the keyboard stopped working, etc. I always ask for a supervisor and get out of having to pay them to send a replacement.

    Thanks again for everyone's help!
    Nope.
    The service people tried to fix it but were not able to. They then told me they can either ship one to the store or to my home. I opted for home. I was told it will take two to three business days till we receive it.

    Hope it works out for you.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by END View Post
    Sounds like you have the stuck in headset mode issue. My daughters Pixi just got it. We went to Sprint, they tried to fix it, could not and are replacing it.
    There are threads on here if you search "Stuck in headset mode" which have some suggestions to try and fix the issue.
    I think best bet though is to go to Sprint and get a new one if they can't fix it.
    You can replace the jack that causes stuck in head set mode Its not soldered to the board but connected with contacts see me thread in Pixi forum: Palm Pixi disassembled a look inside. not hard to do This of course is if you don't have insurance or the service Plan. I bought one from palm for $12 bucks the headphone jack. for my cousins pixi. took 15 min to pit it in see photo attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/07/2010 at 04:03 PM.
  8. #9  
    I fixed this issue on my Pre by using a combination of an app and a paperclip.

    The app I used was The Ghastly Headset ([url]

    Just fire up that app and just jiggle the paperclip around in the 3.5mm jack (gently! The point is to unstick the contacts that indicate that a headset is inserted). Once the app indicates the Current Media Mode is Speaker and the Current Phone Mode is Front Speaker.

    After doing this for a day or so, the problem never came back.

    On a side note, if you don't have the time (a call comes in that you need to take, etc), just press the Speaker button while on the call.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    I fixed this issue on my Pre by using a combination of an app and a paperclip.

    The app I used was The Ghastly Headset ([url]

    Just fire up that app and just jiggle the paperclip around in the 3.5mm jack (gently! The point is to unstick the contacts that indicate that a headset is inserted). Once the app indicates the Current Media Mode is Speaker and the Current Phone Mode is Front Speaker.

    After doing this for a day or so, the problem never came back.

    On a side note, if you don't have the time (a call comes in that you need to take, etc), just press the Speaker button while on the call.
    Thank you so much!!!! Using the app and instructions you posted above I can now once again hear calls without using speakerphone or a plugged in headset. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this.

    I am using an iPhone 4 as well as my Palm Pre. As everyone knows the iPhone 4 antenna problem is ridiculous and I am constantly dropping calls. I was relying on my Pre to make calls since i never drop any calls with it, but sure enough my Pre started having this issue.

    Thanks again everyone that tried to help me out in this thread, I really appreciate it!!
    Jimmie Geddes

Posting Permissions