Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't sleep so I'm sitting out on my front porch listening to the newest palmcast with drpodder while talking to my friend on AIM while browsing the net and playing some Critical Mass. It just amazes me how easily I'm able to switch between these things so I just felt like posting. I feel like if I were using any other mobile OS that I would have nowhere near the appreciation for how easily I'm able to do these things and switch between them. On top of eberything else my Comcast internet went out so I'm letting my roommate use my Mobile Hotspot to get online and check his email. He has an iPhone and doesn't get a 3G connection in our apartment. WebOS is so freaking awesome.
    Yea it is
    critical mass is pretty fun. What's your highest score? I've gotten like 22mil once.. Just once!
  4.    #4  
    I think my highest score is around 6 million. I've yet to find a solid strategy but it's still fun. Any tips?
    Last edited by rdtmk; 07/07/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Great phone - great forum!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Sound like one of the advertisements we should have seen at the beginning.
    Exactly BevCraw. With all the hoopla that these new phones (Evo, iP4, et. al) are getting, I still haven't seen one that tempts me to give up my Pre. It is pretty incredible and I wish Sprint/Palm/Verizon/AT&T had done a better job of getting the word out about how great a phone they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post
    I can't sleep so I'm sitting out on my front porch listening to the newest palmcast with drpodder while talking to my friend on AIM while browsing the net and playing some Critical Mass. It just amazes me how easily I'm able to switch between these things so I just felt like posting. I feel like if I were using any other mobile OS that I would have nowhere near the appreciation for how easily I'm able to do these things and switch between them. On top of eberything else my Comcast internet went out so I'm letting my roommate use my Mobile Hotspot to get online and check his email. He has an iPhone and doesn't get a 3G connection in our apartment. WebOS is so freaking awesome.
    I'm curious about how you came to the (apparently recent) decision to get a Pre. Could you step us through that? I'm asking because there has been so much criticism and negative press lately. It seems with Radio Shack and Best Buy dropping the Sprint Pre, and with Verizon unable to promote anything other than android... you saw through that and made a great choice.

So please, I'd love to hear what the decision tree looks like, what you had before, what else you considered, and what closed the deal for you. Hopefully Palm will see this thread and use you in their next commercial:

"I'm a Palm because..."
    I just want to know how long your battery lasted doing all those things.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm curious about how you came to the (apparently recent) decision to get a Pre. Could you step us through that? I'm asking because there has been so much criticism and negative press lately. It seems with Radio Shack and Best Buy dropping the Sprint Pre, and with Verizon unable to promote anything other than android... you saw through that and made a great choice.

So please, I'd love to hear what the decision tree looks like, what you had before, what else you considered, and what closed the deal for you. Hopefully Palm will see this thread and use you in their next commercial:

"I'm a Palm because..."
    honestly I've been following the Pre since before it came out. I've always been an Apple hater so I would always check engadget for that one device that truly outdoes the iPhone and for me that was the Pre.

I'm so late to the game because I waited for my ATT contract to end and then moved to Verizon. I have to admit that when I was at the verizon store I was sooo close to getting a Droid but I realized that I've been so excited for the Pre for so long that I would have regretted getting anything else. the verizon rep definitely tried to talk me out of it but in the end I knew more about phones than he did specifically the Pre.

anyways this was a month and a week ago and I've been in love ever since.

this is actually my first smartphone. Before this I had an LG Shine slider dumbphone for 2 years.
    a friend of mine on fb a few days ago posted she was on her way to get a droid,is how she put it. I posted back,please look at palm,and the pre.i sent her a private email because I did not want to get into a public debate about smartphones. Long story short,she posted last night she got a pre,loves it,thanked me and is talking her friend into geting one.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Yea i love it too, but the iPhone4 even with all its problems is still selling like hot cakes. Nobody is buying the Pre Plus. We have to go around convincing our friends to buy the Pre Plus because Palm royally screwed this up.

Thats one thing Steve Jobs and his boys know how to do. Market a product and market it well. According to them everything that comes out of apple is magical and innovative. And the masses eat it all up.
    thats what its all about....finding the phone that works for you in your life...
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    Yea i love it too, but the iPhone4 even with all its problems is still selling like hot cakes. Nobody is buying the Pre Plus. We have to go around convincing our friends to buy the Pre Plus because Palm royally screwed this up.

Thats one thing Steve Jobs and his boys know how to do. Market a product and market it well. According to them everything that comes out of apple is magical and innovative. And the masses eat it all up.
    You are right about that, I was at the mall with my wife over the weekend. She was doing her thing, so I walked into the Apple store to look around. It was packed. You could barely move around in it. Every hands on station had a line waiting for each device, phone, computer or Ipad. I still love the Pre compared to the Iphone. The Iphone is a little faster but not enough where I would want to give up on WebOs.
    my palm pre is like my wife: there might be others around, but I know her, and she knows me to perfection!!!! :-P Nothing compares to her or to my phone. They might not be perfect, but neither am I, or any other phone.
    gotta love the Pre. i really do feel kind of bad for the people who just don't know. especially since it's not their fault they weren't properly marketed to.

kinda scares me too, since i know it will take people buying into webOS to keep it around forever. which is how long i want to use it for.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    For me, it was this site that turned me on to the Pre. Before I wasted my money on a new smartphone like I did on the original Storm (which got traded for a dumbphone by the way), I did my research. Lurked on every single fan site for, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, Pre, etc. for months before I even was ready to buy another phone. I felt like I knew how to navigate through the phones before I even layed my hands on em from all the reading I did.

I had my choices down to the BB Bold 9650 and the Pre+. I went into Verizon and kinda got talked into the BB, the sales rep actually was trying to push an Android phone on me but I told him I had my mind made up on either of the 2phones. He kinda dogged on the Pre, plus the BB just came out and was receiving all this praise from the smartphone community, while the Pre was kind of an older phone in comparison so I bought the BB. Well, I returned it after 2 days, maybe 3 beecause I just didn't like it. For a new phone, the technology just seemed, blah for some reason. It didn't seem much different from my brother's old Curve.

Now I'm on my third week or so on my Pre and I absolutely LOVE it!
    Yes I agree. I can't wait till HP puts this into a tablet/slate. It will be wonderful!
    remember to show how amazing you think it is by voting in the laptopmag.com poll that goes from now until midnight tonight (wednesday). The Pre Plus was the surprise winner in the last contest, and it would be great if we could pull that off again!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'd have to agree.. simply amazing. Like so many others, I tried a Droid.. but it just seemed unfinished. Like they had simply thrown together an OS and planned to add stuff later. Was it functional, yes.. was it elegant, not a bit.

Three of my friends have a Pre, and gave glowing reviews. I took the leap.. and haven't regretted it a bit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast