Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like my pre,but i don't think it would be the same without webOS.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    yeah and it's lagging really bad you forgot to say that and the phone is horrible. The OS is the good part.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I like my pre,but i don't think it would be the same without webOS.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I love my Pre. I'm on it, or listening to podcasts, whenever I have a moment.

BB always looked dead boring to me unless you were an email, txt, phone fanatic. I haven't liked Apple's expensive and locked down system for many years. I always liked my Palm handhelds so when the Pre was announced I immediately wanted it. I started visiting here. I knew about the problems but went ahead and bought it in Sept, when my Verizon feature phone contract ran out.

I love the OS (although it still has holes). My phone's build was solid. This passionate community and Homebrew made this the perfect phone for me.

The only thing that concerns me when we have a big hit with the next phone, is the smaller passionate crowd here will get diluted with a bunch of casual users. I do like helping Noobs thou, and we are sure to get some new cool passionate folks.

(On the whole I think the p|c crowd is smarter and more mature. The Apple and Android forums aren't nearly as interesting or fun).
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah and it's lagging really bad you forgot to say that and the phone is horrible. The OS is the good part.
    Nah it never lags. Even at the stock 600 Mhz it runs really smooth with tons of cards open.

I've used Govnah to set my phone to 500 Mhz just to see what its like and it made me feel sorry for the Sprint Pre users who don't overclock.

There is a HUGE difference between 500 Mhz and 600 Mhz. To me there really isn't much of a difference between 600 and 720 or 800 Mhz except smoother scrolling.

I really think the 512MB of RAM and 600 Mhz CPU in the Pre Plus make it a MUCH better phone than the original Sprint Pre.

My hardware is also rock solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post
    Nah it never lags. Even at the stock 600 Mhz it runs really smooth with tons of cards open.

I've used Govnah to set my phone to 500 Mhz just to see what its like and it made me feel sorry for the Sprint Pre users who don't overclock.

There is a HUGE difference between 500 Mhz and 600 Mhz. To me there really isn't much of a difference between 600 and 720 or 800 Mhz except smoother scrolling.

I really think the 512MB of RAM and 600 Mhz CPU in the Pre Plus make it a MUCH better phone than the original Sprint Pre.

just give it some time you will see
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    Yea i love it too, but the iPhone4 even with all its problems is still selling like hot cakes. Nobody is buying the Pre Plus. We have to go around convincing our friends to buy the Pre Plus because Palm royally screwed this up.

Thats one thing Steve Jobs and his boys know how to do. Market a product and market it well. According to them everything that comes out of apple is magical and innovative. And the masses eat it all up.
    Still, you have to give Apple credit. The iPhone was a groundbreaking device that launched this entire smartphone genre. Not to mention, it's quality is miles ahead of the Pre/+. Their OS is lacking, that's true, but the device itself is pretty darn good. And the millions of people who are buying them are a testament to more than just Steve Jobs' marketing prowess.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    .... And the millions of people who are buying them are a testament to more than just Steve Jobs' marketing prowess.
    No. That's about it really.
    Thanks for the positive post. It was refreshing.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Still, you have to give Apple credit. The iPhone was a groundbreaking device that launched this entire smartphone genre. Not to mention, it's quality is miles ahead of the Pre/+. Their OS is lacking, that's true, but the device itself is pretty darn good. And the millions of people who are buying them are a testament to more than just Steve Jobs' marketing prowess.
    No, the Visor/Treo launched the smartphone genre. All Apple did was make it simple to download programs over the air to your device. Oh, and dumb it down, make it a media consumption gadget and market the thing like only Apple can. Palm was there before all the rest.
    Hi, I'm relatively new in the smartphone and especially the PPP. Even with the bad marketing and hardware problems I kept hearing about, I still decided to get the VZW Palm Pre Plus. After having it for 6 weeks, I've got to say that although I've had some keyboard issues (I do have 1.4.2 loaded; however, I still do have additional characters or missing characters on occasion) (LOVE THIS PHONE!! I've started to load some of the very nice games (Let's Golf, Cronk, Asphalt 5) and I've also made some changes with some of my features (Changed Battery to % sign) But as nice as these things are, the best thing about the PPP is how it functions in everyday life. That and the elegance and the total coolness of it. Every phone has their issues; I just think that Palm Pre Plus overcomes them a lot better then others. And everyday I'm discovering newer and better things about this wonderful device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post

The Pre and Pre Plus use the exact same processor and are both underclocked to 500MHz...
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    Hi, I'm relatively new in the smartphone and especially the PPP. Even with the bad marketing and hardware problems I kept hearing about, I still decided to get the VZW Palm Pre Plus. After having it for 6 weeks, I've got to say that although I've had some keyboard issues (I do have 1.4.2 loaded; however, I still do have additional characters or missing characters on occasion) (LOVE THIS PHONE!! I've started to load some of the very nice games (Let's Golf, Cronk, Asphalt 5) and I've also made some changes with some of my features (Changed Battery to % sign) But as nice as these things are, the best thing about the PPP is how it functions in everyday life. That and the elegance and the total coolness of it. Every phone has their issues; I just think that Palm Pre Plus overcomes them a lot better then others. And everyday I'm discovering newer and better things about this wonderful device.
    Welcome to the the P|C forums and your new addiction! You will quickly find out how many fantastic extras for the phone are available through the Homebrew community via Preware. Enjoy and let us know if you have questions!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    To say the Palm Pre doesn't lag is totally false. It is a great phone though.
    My Pre doesn't lag but I use the PresetReset app to refresh my phone every night. I also don't keep cards open that are not in use. Now my brother in law's hero on the other hand.. I opened nothing but a Google search and the VK was unresponsive for nearly 10 seconds.. I also was playing on my classmates Iphone the other night and his VK was lagging super hard as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12