1.    #1  
    is there any way to watch .avi files on my Pre? Maybe an app or media player?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    No, that would be TOO convenient.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There are a lot of utilities that will convert virtually any format to .mp4. Quite often they're on giveawayoftheday, although I'd be a little careful about some of the stuff there.

I agree it's inconvenient to not have a wide range of formats supported, but the ridiculous list of codecs that would be required to support just AVI with any certainty would choke the Pre!
    You have to convert files. My choice is Handbrake.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh_h View Post
    I agree it's inconvenient to not have a wide range of formats supported, but the ridiculous list of codecs that would be required to support just AVI with any certainty would choke the Pre!
    Dang, it worked on my TX.
  6.    #6  
    I've been converting all my files. I was just hopeing there would be an easier way. It takes forever to onvert what I want to watch and I have 2 files of everything now one in avi and one in mp4 fitted to the pre. Thanks for ur help
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I already posted a thread about this, but is it possible to port vlc using pdk?
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Dang, it worked on my TX.
    Yeah it did!

Regards,
    Tom (who's still missing his Tx)
    Quote Originally Posted by x_madhatter_x View Post
    is there any way to watch .avi files on my Pre? Maybe an app or media player?
    Convert on your main computer using handbrake and the iphone/ipod-touch preset.
    : (){:|:&};: