1.    #1  
    Today I was charging my pre at work on the touchstone. I work in a garage with no a/c and after about 15 minutes I got the notifacation that my device temp was to high, from the patch Device temp warning from Jason Roitaille. So i took it off the charger. Then I thought what would've happened if I didn't have that patch from preware? Could I've kept charging and the device gets hotter and hotter. Hot enough to brick? I don't know, but it's good that I got a warning before that could happen. Also how hot did my pre get before I installed that patch? I just hope Palm/Hp reads these to see what we need in the next device. Thank you developers for making my phone not only working better, but also protecting my phone!
    Im sure they do. Palm has always been really receptive and integrated within the community.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I took that patch off of my device as it seems the warning temp point is set low (I don't believe they changed it to a higher setting, but someone correct me if I'm wrong). Mine gets warm, but never has gone over 45C.
    slab - no moving parts. Just show off WebOS.
    I still use that patch but I only get the alert when my Pre actually gets hot, not warm. It usually happens if I have GPS running while plugged into the car charger for an extended period of time.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion01 View Post
    Today I was charging my pre at work on the touchstone. I work in a garage with no a/c and after about 15 minutes I got the notifacation that my device temp was to high, from the patch Device temp warning from Jason Roitaille. So i took it off the charger. Then I thought what would've happened if I didn't have that patch from preware? Could I've kept charging and the device gets hotter and hotter. Hot enough to brick? I don't know, but it's good that I got a warning before that could happen. Also how hot did my pre get before I installed that patch? I just hope Palm/Hp reads these to see what we need in the next device. Thank you developers for making my phone not only working better, but also protecting my phone!
    That patch is designed with a very conservative setting for overclockers. If you're not overclocking, you shouldn't need to worry about overheating your device, unless it's in direct sunlight at the beach. The Touchstone gets pretty hot, especially when you're also running stuff on the Pre. I've driven for six hours with my Pre on the Touchstone running navigation and it was quite hot, but there were no issues.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    this tread makes no sense why are we talking about patches???