Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How easy is it to download and install all of my old patches and apps?

I have poor video playback with YouTube, Tetris and NOVA. Video flickers with YouTube and the games freeze unless I tap the screen.
    thats more likely your internet connection, however as long as you installed the patches by Preware, than you should have no issues, since most patches are AUPT compatible

AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) is a system put together by the Web-os internals guys that after an WebOS Update is installed ,Preware or WOQI will detect what patches you had before the Update and check to see if there is a compatible version of that patch for the new WebOS Vers. If there is, Than all youneed to do is press the Update Button in Preware or WOQI and Viola!! Patch Updated...

If there is No Compatible version of the patch than a "Dummy" Patch will be installed , as a placeholder , untill the patch is available for the new WebOS vers.

Please Note: Any patches that you have modified the code by hand , may Not work with AUPT and any such questions can be directed to this Thread AUPT: Auto Update Patch Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How easy is it to download and install all of my old patches and apps?

I have poor video playback with YouTube, Tetris and NOVA. Video flickers with YouTube and the games freeze unless I tap the screen.
    Use save/restore from Preware to back up your saved package list from preware. Then doctor. Log back in to your palm profile, let your apps reinstall.
    Then install preware and save/restore and restore your saved package list and then just select install all from preware and all your homebrew stuff will be reinstalled. For better details see the save/restore thread, there are some detailed posts on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    thats more likely your internet connection, however as long as you installed the patches by Preware, than you should have no issues, since most patches are AUPT compatible
    The OP is talking about doctoring and not updating to the next webOS version.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Use save/restore from Preware to back up your saved package list from preware. Then doctor. Log back in to your palm profile, let your apps reinstall.
    Then install preware and save/restore and restore your saved package list and then just select install all from preware and all your homebrew stuff will be reinstalled. For better details see the save/restore thread, there are some detailed posts on this.
    thanks, but isn't that saved list erased when I doctor the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    thanks, but isn't that saved list erased when I doctor the phone?
    nope that list is stored on the usb drive.. It doest get affected..
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The OP is talking about doctoring and not updating to the next webOS version.
    makes no diff. Aupt applies to both.. Espcially after using save restore