Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The vote tallies are still going up lol. The site does state the contest ends at 12am ET though...
    Could be eastern time on Hawaii's east coast. lol
    However the last ime we saw that happen the vote count was backed up to the true end time. Then there was the one that went 30 mins over and ended. hmm. Makes you think Laptop is getting something under the table...lol
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    ...Makes you think Laptop is getting something under the table...lol
    LOL... like what? A discount on an Incredible?
    Maybe one for every employee there if the voting can stay open until the "brick" goes ahead. yea right, like that's gonna happen.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Poll is closed. Pre wins.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    We're unstoppable!
    Wow 57% for Pre...
    And so the poll closes, and the vote count makes no sense...

HTC Droid Incredible 42.29% (25 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus 57.71% (34 votes)
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Good for you Palm!...couldnt have done it without the Homebrew Community!...Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post

told you all they would fix it somehow. Now they are going to tell us that the polling is corrupt and it will have to be done over. Well maybe not but the count is funny.

We want them!!!
    I'm pretty sure that Palm's official twitter account helped somewhere in that too. The PreCentral community is only a small fraction of the WebOS family.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.

At least we still won lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Palm's official twitter account helped somewhere in that too. The PreCentral community is only a small fraction of the WebOS family.
    True. Yet we have seen our driving force in action before.

Get job everyone.

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I hope winning this doest make palm think that still don't need a hardware upgrade hahaha. What if they were waiting for the pre to lose before they invested into a better device! Why make a new one when the old one is still winning Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    told you all they would fix it somehow. Now they are going to tell us that the polling is corrupt and it will have to be done over. Well maybe not but the count is funny.
    I was thinking the same exact thing!
    Is there going to be a scandal now? The Pre's greatness is even too much for Polldaddy to handle!
    And now the whining and complaining about bots and employees voting starts... According to some of the comments, we don't realize that Palm is dead. Hmmm... wow I didn't know that. Can I take my votes back?

The final tally was around 35K to 25K. So, they probably tried to fix the post-midnight voting and ended up screwing the count. Not that it matters, of course, because we've succeeded in blowing this one out as well.

Really, the webOS community rocks. It's inspiring.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I read the comments on the AndroidCentral blog post and I'm just not seeing any webOS level passion for Android. What I do see is many former Pre owners confessing how much they like webOS, or regret leaving.
    --------------
    I will post one anti webOS comment:
    My money says when the Pre hits 25k, the poll will just say too many cards.
    ---------
    It made me LOL

Pre and webOS really inspire passion.
    Here are a couple responses on the droid-life site. Who wants to come in and back me up in the lions den? Here is the link to the page:

Ultimate Smartphone Battle: DROID Incredible vs. Palm Pre Plus - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

"Spoken like a true ******... you've commented on like 5 posts in here to spew your nonsense. Android is without question the most flexible mobile OS available. Saying WebOS is more flexible is ignorant. WebOS has EXTREMELY limited customization options and no ability to swap or upgrade parts of the OS or environment as is easy to do on Android. The only thing WebOS does better is switching between and closing open programs."

"Are there even 34,724 of these hairy palm phones out there?"

"The Incredible only has a small lead. How could a garbage phone take down the Droid and now possibly the Incredible?"

"Seriously? The Palm Pre vs. the Droid Incredible? That's like some kid from the Special Olympics vs. a GTR"

"Who would think that polished turd was better than the Incredible? I'd sell someone a Kin before I showed them how the Pre Plus doesn't connect to email about 90% of the time.. Incredible FTW!"

Here is that page again: Ultimate Smartphone Battle: DROID Incredible vs. Palm Pre Plus - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Got your back.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast