Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    When I hit the power button to lock the screen, it immediately turns back on. Anyone else have the same problem, or found a fix for it?
    I have the same problem...i think it has something to do with my power button being a little loose. I'm about to just get an insurance replacement unless someone knows how to fix it.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Good to know I'm not alone with this issue. I've had the same Pre since October and this is my first hardware issue. I would say I'm one of the lucky ones!
    happened to me too. Sprint sent me a refurb - didn't need to use insurance. Mine also had headjack problem - they seemed related.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhindmon View Post
    happened to me too. Sprint sent me a refurb - didn't need to use insurance. Mine also had headjack problem - they seemed related.
    They are, that's exactly the problem. When the headset jack gets stuck in such a way that it keeps switching from headset to speaker, the screen will turn on every time this happens. Just like it happens when you insert a headset into your phone with the screen off. Try it. Cleaning the jack solves both problems, although temporarily. Your refurb will likely have the same problem as well, eventually. A cotton swab with some of the cotton removed so it will fit, dipped in 70% ethanol, always fixes it for me. Now, I do it every couple of weeks as standard procedure.