1.    #1  
    When I recently hooked up my Pre to the desktop, Windows Media Player started and began playing all those "Format Unsupported" videos I had tried to dowload. I had thought that the videos never made it to the Pre's memory, but they are there. Can we access them from the Pre itself? What happens once we get Flash, will the video app then recognize them and store them in that application's folder?

thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    if they were actually downloaded via the browser they will be in the /media/internal/downloads folder

if they came as attachments to sms or email they will be in the attachments folders.
    I've never been able to find them in the attachments folders. (At least for e-mail).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I am working from my Pre right now but there are a number of threads where people have asked about music files that come as attachments. Take a look in one of those posts. The instructions are clear.

The buckets folders for email are located in /var/luna/data/attachments

and the MMS folders are in /media/internal/.attachments
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/06/2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Whoa....

Here's what I found out (I think)...

E-mail attachments are saved in temp folders located in the directory

/var/luna/data/attachments/

However, that directory has several subfolders identified as /bucket-1/ through /bucket-19/

Each of those folders, in turn, has several subfolders with names as /part_1032461621644413/

So there are potentially hundreds of different folders your attachment could be in... I have no idea how you would find a particular file in that mess. Hopefully at some point Internalz will have a search function.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Whoa....

Here's what I found out (I think)...

E-mail attachments are saved in temp folders located in the directory

/var/luna/data/attachments/

However, that directory has several subfolders identified as /bucket-1/ through /bucket-19/

Each of those folders, in turn, has several subfolders with names as /part_1032461621644413/

So there are potentially hundreds of different folders your attachment could be in... I have no idea how you would find a particular file in that mess. Hopefully at some point Internalz will have a search function.
    Yes, but the buckets folders are created in numeric order. If you emailed yourself an attachment the newest bucket folder is the one that holds your attachment. Do a little test and you will figure it out.

EDIT... and it only keeps what you keep. So if you clear your inbox that folder should clear as well starting with new bucket numbers. (Haven't tried this but notice that the number of bucket folders seems to match up with the number of emails currently in my inbox with attachments).
    Seems like somebody ought to be able to create a patch which would give you the option of saving the file to your /media/internal/downloads/ folder. Would be a whole lot easier and sensible.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

agreed...