1.    #1  
    I dont know of any available for the Pre or in the same confirguration but if their is interest I am willing to do the test myself with a 1500ma Lipo cell to compare to a Stock Pre battery. the iphone uses Lithium Polymer, so does my 5 year old PPC6600 that last over a week on a single charge. if the next device comes out with the same old Lithium ion Then we can expect crappy run times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    I dont know of any available for the Pre or in the same confirguration but if their is interest I am willing to do the test myself with a 1500ma Lipo cell to compare to a Stock Pre battery. the iphone uses Lithium Polymer, so does my 5 year old PPC6600 that last over a week on a single charge. if the next device comes out with the same old Lithium ion Then we can expect crappy run times.
    If there was a 1500 mAh battery with appropriate voltage and form factor, I'd switch to it in a heartbeat. The specific chemistry isn't terribly relevant from my POV, except insofar as it enables greater energy storage in the same package and delivery envelope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Here is a quote from BatteryUniversity.com

"Lithium-ion-polymer has not caught on as quickly as some analysts had expected. Its superiority to other systems and low manufacturing costs has not been realized. No improvements in capacity gains are achieved - in fact, the capacity is slightly less than that of the standard lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion-polymer finds its market niche in wafer-thin geometries, such as batteries for credit cards and other such applications."

Emphasis added...