Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just purchased an AT&T Palm Pre Plus from someone, it was new in the box (seal wasn't broken, accessories never taken out etc) and the bottom of the screen is not working. When I do the interactive tests for the touch screen, the very last line doesn't register. So now I can't access notifications or anything, I didn't notice it when I bought it because you can just barely hit all the icons at the very top, like I usually do and it sees them.

I bought one from AT&T, but this deal was good enough for me to save about $200 and now I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for any help.
    I suggest running a doctor on the phone and see what happens after. If that don't work then return the phone.

Good luck!
    seems like that someone some how new it was broke. Seal broke or no seal broke.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I tried doctoring it.. No go. I'm guessing palm will not honor the warranty. I'm wondering how hard a screen replacement would be?
    Call Palm at 407-531-4496 don't answer the options, just stay on the line. When someone answers, explain what is wrong with the phone and see if they will honor the warranty. It is a longshot. There is a way to determine the build date of the phone so my thoughts are that they may stand by the mfg warranty even though you don't have a purchase record using that date as a reference. It is probably against policy and I can see why it would be but it never hurts to ask nicely. Sometimes, it works out.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    Call Palm at don't answer the options, just stay on the line. When someone answers, explain what is wrong with the phone and see if they will honor the warranty. It is a longshot. There is a way to determine the build date of the phone so my thoughts are that they may stand by the mfg warranty even though you don't have a purchase record using that date as a reference. It is probably against policy and I can see why it would be but it never hurts to ask nicely. Sometimes, it works out.
    I did this and... They are going to fix it!! Thanks for the help and input.