1.    #1  
    When I use Google Voice on my phone, will it use my anytime landline minutes even if I call a cell phone?
    Proud Pre owner since April 2010.
  2.    #2  
    Oh, and I have Sprint and free cell phone to cell phone to any carrier, if that matters.
    Proud Pre owner since April 2010.
    good question I never thought about if I was getting my "free mobile to mobile" if I was calling out from my googlevoice number ..

anyone know?
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessasPre View Post
    When I use Google Voice on my phone, will it use my anytime landline minutes even if I call a cell phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessasPre View Post
    Oh, and I have Sprint and free cell phone to cell phone to any carrier, if that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    good question I never thought about if I was getting my "free mobile to mobile" if I was calling out from my googlevoice number ..

anyone know?
    Even if you're ultimately reaching a cell phone, the call you're actually making is between Google Voice and your cell, and, as such, is not considered a mobile to mobile call. It will count against your minutes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    I just put google voice as one of my ten free numbers to call and bam, no charge to my minutes. Verizon btw.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    I just put google voice as one of my ten free numbers to call and bam, no charge to my minutes. Verizon btw.
    Sprint had something like Pick 3 where you could dial any 3 numbers, I don't think it exists any more.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Even if you do have the option to add the "local" Google Voice system number to a favoites list or friends and familly feature on your particular carrier the system number is likely to change. I tried this myself last year since I'm in DFW and some of us in the 214 area code discovered that we are assigned to a GV system in Austin (Long Distance). Something else to look out for.
    i already checked into this long ago. according to sprint, when using google voice thru your cell, it is actually using landline minutes since the computer generated billing recognizes it not being a cell tx because the call is first getting routed though a landline system (google voice) and then to a cell. This info is about 6 months old, but i dont think it has changed because it makes sense of how the call is being routed when placed.