1.    #1  
    I've got a replacement Pre Plus coming Thursday and I need to know how to take everything from my current Pre and put it on the new one...including all my paid for apps. Is this process listed somewhere? I've been looking, but haven't seen this yet. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwerner View Post
    I've got a replacement Pre Plus coming Thursday and I need to know how to take everything from my current Pre and put it on the new one...including all my paid for apps. Is this process listed somewhere? I've been looking, but haven't seen this yet. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    don't worry about it all your paid and official apps won't go no where it will come back once you activated the pre plus but all your homebrews and patches and themes totally won't be there no more soo yuppp must have to start all ova again if you want hombrews and patches etc.
    Copy your USB files to your computer. Just plug it in with USB mode and copy everything to a folder. Most everything else, including your paid/free apps, will come back when you log in to your Palm Profile. Your SMS and phone records will not come back. If you you have Preware and Homebrew apps, there are threads about restoring those.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just a little more detail:

Your paid apps will re-download.
    Your contacts will be restored
    Your linked contacts will be restored
    Notes
    ToDo items
    Anything that is synced to an outside source will be fine (google calendars, email,etc) However you will most likely have to redo the settings (ie, how many days of email to keep on the device)

You will LOSE:
    Any apps downloaded and installed through preware or WOSQI
    Patches
    Themes
    Kernels

At least those were my experiences.

There are various tools to help with the process:
    Save/restore (in preware) will save settings for apps and homebrew apps
    There is also the pre backup utility (in preware) that will backup your phone more completely, however it is also not able to do somethings (ie, messages)

Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    if I were you I will start all over again since your backups could have a few bugs and I always like to start a clean pre life.