Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi Guys
    Just got a Pre + and so far so good, Coming from iPhone and Nexus one the OS is a little different but i am getting there,

Just a little question.
    When i open apps they are then displyaed as Cards on the homescreen. LEts say i open 5 different apps i now have 5 cards to cycle between. Can i minimise the cards to view only the homescreen and call them back or do i need to close all aps to see my homescreen??

Cheers
    Darren
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/06/2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I believe I know what you're saying and the answer is no. When they are 'open' they are open in your main screen. You can "micro-minimize" them to tiny cards and kinda see your home screen more but it's all or nothing basically.
    Knowing that it really is so simple to toss cards and reopen as need be.

Hope that helps and as always, ask away about whatever your curious about but first try and search for questions as this phone has been "forumed" to death.

Welcome and cheers!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Welcome, as a new Pre + owner myself I can say these forums have a wealth of info and the guys and gals are great. I ended up with the Pre because I was curious about webOS. So far I love it. Only issue I have is I got the phone on Fri. Didn't have a chance to get a screen protector till today. Something in my pocket (keys? tho I am pretty sure not cause I keep phones in sep pocked for that reason.) scratched the screen. I have no idea how. I checked the phone after golfing yesterday, no scratch. Got home 15 min later, scratch. I always put protectors on phones but this screen seemed awful susceptible to a scratch!
    We used to talk alot about screen protectors. I guess its old news. To me Touch screen = screen protector.

There is no real need to minimize on wireless, so you just see your cards.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Agree completely on screen protectors, I should have just made time......

How do you like webOS compared to iphone? I haven't had the pleasure to mess with that too much tho I want to. I would have 5 phones if I could just to play around and switch whenever.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brookied View Post
    hi guys
    just got a pre + and so far so good, coming from iphone and nexus one the os is a little different but i am getting there,

welcome to webos
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookied View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just got a Pre + and so far so good, Coming from iPhone and Nexus one the OS is a little different but i am getting there,

Just a little question.
    When i open apps they are then displyaed as Cards on the homescreen. LEts say i open 5 different apps i now have 5 cards to cycle between. Can i minimise the cards to view only the homescreen and call them back or do i need to close all aps to see my homescreen??

Cheers
    Darren
    If you tap the background while in the card view, they go into a "really tiny" card view. I find that is a really easy way to re-order them to make them more convenient. There is also a setting in device options that lets you swipe between applications without going in to car view. It takes a bit to get used to, but it's very cool. Basically you have to remember that the backswipe should only be one half of the gesture area (don't cross the center), and the swipe between apps is a "full" back or forward swipe.

Give it a try and welcome to the most amazing user and homebrew community I've ever seen.
    Try the app Clear Card. It is actually a card, but can display the wallpaper while the other cards/apps are still open. I use it all the time!

Just a little question.

Cheers
    Darren[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookied View Post
    Hi Guys

Just a little question.

Cheers
    Darren
    REPOST: Try the app Clear Card. It is actually a card, but can display the wallpaper while the other cards/apps are still open. I use it all the time!