1.    #1  
    So i never realized how much of an issue this was until last night. I was recording the finale of my local fireworks to send to my sister who lives over seas, and every time a new message or email came in the recorder stopped recording to bring up the notification. Is there any way around this? Any patches available to turn off notifications or disable the email account during recording? I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I searched the forum and didnt see anything.
    My very own thread from a while ago: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ts-camera.html

Seems like this is something that Palm overlooked. Annoying nonetheless.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Abys....i kinda figured it had already been discussed, i just couldnt find anything on it. Really is annoying tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    Thanks Abys....i kinda figured it had already been discussed, i just couldnt find anything on it. Really is annoying tho.
    I don't blame ya. I hate the PreCentral search lol.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I haven't use the recorder but have you tried turning off the notifications in preferences? If that fixes it then maybe a patch can be created that turns off notifications with video recorder taking place.
    airplane mode while recording?
    This signature for rent
    hmm weird, I got emails and texts during the recording of our fireworks show and I heard the notification but never did the notification interrupt over the screen or stop recording - my boohoo was the battery dieing after filming a 20 minute video and taking about 300 pics
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    as simple as putting it in airplane mode when recording. It's just 2 taps of the screen.
  9.    #9  
    I haven't use the recorder but have you tried turning off the notifications in preferences? If that fixes it then maybe a patch can be created that turns off notifications with video recorder taking place.

Im sure that would work, but that would take an awful lotta time to disable 3 different messaging accounts and 4 email accounts as well. (then turn them all back on when done? No thanks)

airplane mode while recording?

Probably makes the most sense.

as simple as putting it in airplane mode when recording. It's just 2 taps of the screen.

Again, probably the easiest and makes the most sense....but should we really HAVE to do that?? Im not going to compare my Pre to other platforms ( because i absolutely LOVE my phone) but this seems like something that could be an easy fix for the programmers at HPre.

THANKS EVERYONE for your suggestions and replys!