1.    #1  
    There's no simulator for JAVA? Is there a team working on develop this stuff?
    I think a great deal people will appreciate of that
    "Java" is on WebOS but it is not very visible, WebOS has harmony and webkit installed, these services are coded using java. With WebOS being HTML based, it is much easer to code for than a Java based operating systems such as Android. Android is an open source mobile OS platform that’s running on top of Linux kernel. It uses a non-standard Java Virtual Machine called Dalvik, with the main programming language of Java, with librarys from J2SE and third party open source projects, such as Apache commons, sqlite, webkit, etc. The reason there are more apps on Android than WebOS is that the SDK has been in place since 2007 so it has a considerable lead on the WebOS SDK, also because the Android has a larger user base the developers are more likely to code for the larger platform. The lack of a Java based SDK for WebOS is compensated for by the creation of the PDK so developers can code in C and C++.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by loxas View Post
    There's no simulator for JAVA? Is there a team working on develop this stuff?
    I think a great deal people will appreciate of that
    I'm sure that a Java environment is somewhere on the WebOS roadmap... but probably after bluetooth keyboards, tablets, and way WAY after hybrid apps.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    I really wish a JRE would come soon too. But I'm afraid that Planesdragon may be right on this one here... :-)
    Yeah its unfortunate. I really like the j2me apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    "Java" is on WebOS but it is not very visible, WebOS has harmony and webkit installed, these services are coded using java. With WebOS being HTML based, it is much easer to code for than a Java based operating systems such as Android. Android is an open source mobile OS platform thatís running on top of Linux kernel. It uses a non-standard Java Virtual Machine called Dalvik, with the main programming language of Java, with librarys from J2SE and third party open source projects, such as Apache commons, sqlite, webkit, etc. The reason there are more apps on Android than WebOS is that the SDK has been in place since 2007 so it has a considerable lead on the WebOS SDK, also because the Android has a larger user base the developers are more likely to code for the larger platform. The lack of a Java based SDK for WebOS is compensated for by the creation of the PDK so developers can code in C and C++.
    Good bit of knowledge here.