webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > TouchStone VS. Wall Charger/Which is Faster?
TouchStone VS. Wall Charger/Which is Faster?

Old 07/05/2010, 07:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

I notice faster speeds with wall charger over touchstone, but haven't run official tests
hoo.haaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 08:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Between the wall charger and the Touchstone, I believe it's about the same, but the USB over computer charging takes AGES.
crobcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Are you using the official Palm car charger connected to that TS? The reason I ask is because I recently took a trip and lost battery while using my Palm charger w/o TS using nav,but gained using my iGo charger running Pandora later that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
TS just as fast as wall charger, I can have both Pandora and the Nav app running while driving and my TS keeps my Pre at 100%. Very efficient way to charge my Pre and I don't have to deal with cable thingy.
my94rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 09:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have noticed no difference between the TS and directly from the wall.
my94rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 09:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

both should be delivering 1000ma, so any difference would be if there was a loss of power in transferring through the magnet.
Workerb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 10:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

wall outlet 1,000 ma
USB 500ma
Workerb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2010, 11:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
Last night my battery was getting low & I had 10 mins before I left the house (to watch fireworks!).
In these situations for fast charging on a deadline I always reach out to Airplane Mode. I can sacrifice being disconnected for a few minutes while in a safe place to ensure the most battery is available for the uncertainty of the road.

I haven't run any tests but I'm always surprised at how quickly it charged when I put the phone on Airplane Mode.
Old 07/06/2010, 12:28 AM   #28 (permalink)

The direct USB connection will be the fastest for a quick charge. A car USB charger will be quicker yet in most cases. Consider that the Touchstone charger inductively couples the same power supply into your phone. The coupling loss of this method will reduce the efficiency of the connection. Direct copper is always faster.
wireless2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 01:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

Hi, just wanted to bring my take on this.

After several attempts to charge my Pre2 with cable, either with it's original plug (1A) or even with my Touchpad's (2A) I found that after a fair amount of time (a few hours) my phone would still be far from fully charged, but I'd make it home, placed it on the Touchstone and within 1/2 it would easily be much better charged, most time a full 100%.

So today, I did it again... forgot a Bluetooth active connection to my stereo headset that I was using with my Touchpad, and it drained the battery to 30%.

So I plugged it in and left it on for over ten minutes and when I checked, no change. I expected at least a 1-2 % increase, but nothing.

So I went and grabbed my Touchstone from my car, and plugged it in.

10 minutes and a full 10% increase up to 41% from 31%.

It's been about an hour now and I'm already at 98%.

So either I have a faulty micro-USB connection (I tried multiple cables) on my phone, even though it will eventually charge, and have no trouble to connect to a computer... so I wouldn't believe it to be faulty.

In case someone mentions that it's possibly a "over-powered" Touchstone... I have 3 Touchstones, and it's the same for all of them.

Just to say that I hate and avoid plugging my phone anyways (unless I have to to upload videos/musics) so it's no biggy, but it's still interested for me to see such a huge difference.
Old 11/10/2012, 05:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

wall charger > touchstone > usb to pc > usb to laptop
zer0nix is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0