1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I hope I get some good feed back. I have done a search and it's just a lil too much to take it all in. Second I'd like to think I'm pretty techie but I cant figure this one out.

I am very new to palm so please bear with me.

New palm pre plus on verizon.
    Version 1.4.0. Have also tried 1.4.1.1. This is my second pre in two days. I will explain below. I am currently on ver. 1.4.0

Using my iPad and the mobile hotspot with full 3G signal my download speed is .16 mpbs my upload is .87 mpbs. Pinged at 254ms. Via speedtest.net iPad app and via 2wire.com using safari browser also tried google crome browser.

Using my windows 7 hp mini pc my download speed is anywhere from .75-1.3 mpbs. Pretty much where I would except it to be!! Also via speedtest.net and 2 wire .com. I have tried the unthrottle patch. I called verizon and after a hour and a half with them they ran some tests? Then they had me go to <phone info<quick test< run. Came back with a code 100 hardware error wifi. They told me to bring it back for a new one. So I did. As soon as i got the new one SAME PROBLEM! SAME SPEEDS. so I ran the system quick test and I got the same code 100 wifi hardware.
    So I'm reaching out to all of you. I love this phone and I don't want to give it up. I see other people using it to tether to there iPad and having no problems. So it has to work right? Where do I go from here. The people at the verizon store didn't know anything. I knew WAY MORE THAN THE DID. And I'm lost.
    Something has to be throttling me back. PALM? APPLE? VERIZON?
    where should I go from here? Contact verizon IT guys? Does anyone know if I can get a static IP from verizon?

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK OR THOUGHTS WOULD HELP....
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if I follow *yawns* but you're trying to take the throttle control off your phone to get higher speeds on your iPad?

I don't think Verizon is gonna help you with it, Palm prolly won't have anything to do with it, and your gonna burn through that 5gigs per Mo. very fast I think.

My fathers desktop is a VZW usb dongle with the same monthly bandwith cap. If you go past it, you'll get charges out the a*%.
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    your problem is not unusual. I have same issue with ipod touch and mhs. Refer back to several threads / posts herein. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a fix. I hoped that iOS4 would clear it up but no luck. My touch's wifi is now more stable since upgrade but download speeds still choked when using mhs.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    I'm not sure if I follow *yawns* but you're trying to take the throttle control off your phone to get higher speeds on your iPad?

I don't think Verizon is gonna help you with it, Palm prolly won't have anything to do with it, and your gonna burn through that 5gigs per Mo. very fast I think.

My fathers desktop is a VZW usb dongle with the same monthly bandwith cap. If you go past it, you'll get charges out the a*%.
    I don't think it's verizon holding me back? Why would they be just holding the iPad back. Works just fine on my windows machine....
    It's the iPad, as you can tell from your laptop's internet speeds, but relax, and wait for the iOS 4 update to come. Although it will not be fully fixed with iOS 4, it will be much improved. With my second gen ipod touch I got the same speeds as you are describing with iOS 3.1.3. Practically dailup. Once I switched to iOS 4 the speeds improved to around 150-200 Kilobytes (not bits) down with something like 120 ms. (I can't double check at this moment, my home has terrible 3g speeds inside of it, thank god for the femtocell so I can still use my phone). When the iPad gets iOS 4 you will see an improvement in speed but yes there is a serious issue with the apple devices not utilizing the full speed of the Mobile hotspot. Also from what i've read, it's not solely an issue with Pres. People using the sprint and verizon MiFi devices have complained to the same thing, although supposedly a software fix to the MiFi's alleviated this.
    Try this link and follow suggestion from fortyliveoak. Type in the setting on your iPad. You might get better speed. Pre Plus Mobile Hotspot laptop connection issues - Page 2 - Palm Support Community

Strangely, I have no problem getting good speed on my iPad in my city when connected to the palm. However, a few weeks ago I was on the road and the speeds were really slow. In my city I always get 700 kbs to 1.6 Mbs consistently. When I was on the road barely 200 kbs. It may very well have to do with whether you are connected to a rev0 tower or rev A tower.