1.    #1  
    I've got to admit that when I first looked over a colleague's Droid 855..(I believe it's an 855... had the side slide out kybd) I was truly impressed. I thought to myself looking at that vibrant bright screen how big and impressive the Droid was and how dated my Pre is. At least that's what I thought about a month ago when I setup his Exchange corporate email.

A few days ago, he brought it back to me because his Exchange email was all screwed up. Messages from people were coming in with the body of the email from another person....wacky! Nothing short of deleting the Exchange account and re-setting it up cured the problem. This fix had me working for an extended period and gave me a better feel for the phone and Android OS.
    While it is a very nice phone, it's also a behemoth. Not sure I'd want to carry this monster. I also noticed, that his screen didn't look all that great anymore, at least not since I turned up the brightness on my pre....I had kept it dim for batt. preservation. I'd say the Pre's screen is at least as nice, even if it is smaller.

The biggest difference is WebOS vs Android. I have to tell you that Android seems kind of clunky compared to WebOS. Had I never owned a Pre and used his Droid I'd have never known. This is not the case, and I don't think
    I could move to that OS after the Pre. It becomes apparent that even something as simple as notifications (email, voice mail etc) are jut not on the same level as the pre. And maneuvering around Android is just plain frustrating after WebOS. Then he tells me about how every so often he has to use a 3rd party app to close programs that are supposed to close but don't. While I've had to Orange-Sym-R my Pre on occasion, it doesn't seem
    to be the problem he's having on a daily basis with his apps.

I'm writing this thread mainly because a few weeks ago, I felt bad about my Pre. I was really thinking that it was dated and old. But after my second encounter with the phone that caused this to happen, I realize just what a phone the Pre is.
    +1
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Awesome story. To those reading and don't know, he is talking about the original Droid (not Droid X).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Yeah, I agree. I really like the big screen when I play on my friend's droid, but of course, I am never carrying it around. If the droid was a little rounder like the pre, I'm sure I could manage the bulk.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Awesome story. To those reading and don't know, he is talking about the original Droid (not Droid X).
    Will Droid X change all that?
    No. It's just a new phone with new specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykall View Post
    Will Droid X change all that?
    Technically, no... lol

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I have both A Pre and a Droid (Droid is my work phone, I better not say where I work). I prefer the Pre to the droid in many ways. But I think the biggest difference is the presentation of the notifications. On the Droid I am told I have a message.....Has to be opened to see what it is about. With the Pre I can see the subject of the last message that came in, and also know if I have a message from both my Gmail and Work email waiting.

PJ