1.    #1  
    If you look at the HP Palm site http://www.cellstores.com/mobile/?r=...d/top_banner/1 you will notice that the names of all the palm phones are not simply "palm pre" or "palm pre plus" but "palm pixi plus black" for all of the handsets with the exception of the AT&T Palm Pre plus for some reason. Now this is purely speculation, but I think with the release of the next generation of palm devices we will also see a rerelease of the current machines in different colors. I could be completely wrong though but I just wanted to share my finding, however small.

Edit-Wrong link. Fixed it
    Last edited by dz1262; 07/04/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    HP's slogan is "the computer is personal again", so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Here's hoping for an emerald green color or something akin to malachite.. Been wanting that since device announcement.
    That site is not affiliated with HP.
    See this, on the bottom of that page:

This site is owned and operated by Simplexity, LLC an independent business not affiliated to Hewlett-Packard Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Purchases of products and other business dealings and interactions under this website are made with Simplexity, LLC and any subscription for services is from the identified carrier. Any submission of information you do while on this site is governed by the privacy policy of Simplexity, LLC and not that of Hewlett-Packard.

Not only that, but the url is "cellstores".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That site is not affiliated with HP.
    See this, on the bottom of that page:

This site is owned and operated by Simplexity, LLC an independent business not affiliated to Hewlett-Packard Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Purchases of products and other business dealings and interactions under this website are made with Simplexity, LLC and any subscription for services is from the identified carrier. Any submission of information you do while on this site is governed by the privacy policy of Simplexity, LLC and not that of Hewlett-Packard.

Not only that, but the url is "cellstores".
    All I did was click on a link from the HP Website that linked to that page.
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    All I did was click on a link from the HP Website that linked to that page.
    Well, it seems like a third-party website, and their web-designer may have put the color thing there without even realizing the speculation it could cause.

But then again, if it's a link that HP pointed to, HP should know what the site that they're pointing to contains.

Only time will tell.
    Palm did offer their devices in different colors in their heyday. Now that they have more of an expendable budget, it wouldn't seem completely uncommon to do it again. They need to be quicker on the hardware cycle though. Mobile devices are drastically losing their lifespan and HP&Palm needs to keep up with that if they want to stay in the market.
    The Pixi came with a blue back also. It had a series of artist created backs too. Black is indeed a Pixi option, nothing unusual about saying it.