Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    is their a patch or a way to turn on the screen when slider closed instead of the power button.

    the sprint pre has the button and you can turn d screen on if slider open and the screen off you just press it and the acreen turns on.

    would be good when slider closed
  2. #3  
    Search is your friend

    No there's not a patch for it. The current SDK doesn't allow access to that center button.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. #4  
    Can't "we" just patch the Pre into thinking the slider is always open. Even when it's not.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Can't "we" just patch the Pre into thinking the slider is always open. Even when it's not.
    This would leave the keyboard light constantly on and also the fact that it could interfere with other operations out of our control.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    This would leave the keyboard light constantly on and also the fact that it could interfere with other operations out of our control.
    Uhmm
    If you keep the slider open, the keyboard light is turned off after a while.
  6. #7  
    what I would like is for the screen to turn off when you press the center button with the slider open. When I'm at my desk, I usually just leave the slider open. Not so easy getting to the power button with the keyboard open.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7. #8  
    Dave - not yet. I'd love it as well, and it is my last major gripe about the phone itself. My other gripes are carrier specific... grrr... att..... grumble grumble. The vibrate only switch will also turn on your screen. Either going into vibrate only or coming out of it works. The touchscreen and LCD panel take up next to no juice, but that backlight is a power hog in comparison. I'd love to see the backlight shutoff but leave the touch screen enable (as long as the phone locked when the backlight was off). There would be a little more power draw over what happens now, but most people couldn't tell the difference. On the other hand, the LCD/touch panel could be powered from the same source as the backlight (in parallel) and turning off the backlight also robs the panel of the power it needs to operate (not necessarily true, it could be any number of designs that have the same effect). If we could get a patch that would keep the whole thing powered up, but turn down the brightness on the backligt for the screen to 0 after xx minutes of unuse or when locked I would love it. It would require the brightness unlocked (I think) patch as well but I don't see why it couldn't be done. You can already control the brightness of the backlight, you just can't turn it all the way down so far.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    what I would like is for the screen to turn off when you press the center button with the slider open. When I'm at my desk, I usually just leave the slider open. Not so easy getting to the power button with the keyboard open.
    Exactly what is your problem? You can't wait a minute for the screen to turn off by itself?
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Exactly what is your problem? You can't wait a minute for the screen to turn off by itself?
    Maybe his screen is set to never turn off automatically, like mine :-)
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Maybe his screen is set to never turn off automatically, like mine :-)
    Ahhhhh. Well, then that's his own choice

Posting Permissions