1.    #1  
    Hey!

I'm having a bit of a problem and I don't know a way to force WebOS/Linux/pulseaudio to do this.

I have a sound file (nice mellow wind chimes) play as my SMS sound. I assigned the sound and it plays fine (that's not the issue). The original file I made I cut the last "ding" a bit short so I added a 1 or so second reverb at the end so it sounds a bit smoother. Cool. I named the new one the same as the old file. Even after a few reboots (reboot, shutdowns, hot battery pulls) the Pre will only *still* play the short version. The file that *is there* is the longer version as I can play it in the Music Player app (and off the flash drive on the computer).

How do I force the Pre to re-cache sound event files?

M.
  2.    #2  
    I have also tried selecting a different sound file, rebooting/shutting down/hot batt pulling and then selecting the file I want and it *still* only plays the old version, not the new one.

M.
    Perhaps try to name the new one something different and selecting the renamed new file to play?
  4.    #4  
    So there's no real solution? Is there a location in the filesystem to delete the cache?

M.
    You can download the Advanced Options in Launcher and activate the Rescan Fileindexer option or type this into commandline:

Code:
    /sbin/stop fileindexer
    /bin/rm -f /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    /sbin/start fileindexer
    Last edited by Abyssul; 07/05/2010 at 11:10 AM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Give me a sec to find the command.

I'm all ears and waiting!

M.
    Updated my post a while ago Here is to hoping that you will see the thread as updated.

8.    #8  
    I see it now! I have Advanced Options already, I just didn't know what the File Indexer did. I tried that and your commands I think it is now playing the correct file, but I think the file is too long! It's about 6 seconds and stops dead about a second before the end. I guess I need to chop it down to <= 5 seconds(??).

I guess you win some and lose some!

Point is, your solution(s) seem to have worked as advertised! Thank you!

M.
    Good news everybody!

Read this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2509977

If you have questions, then read the entire thread. If that doesn't answer it, then I can answer it here.

10.    #10  
    Good news everybody!

Read this post:
    [url]

If you have questions, then read the entire thread. If that doesn't answer it, then I can answer it here.

That's hot stuff, man! With the WebOS update due any time now, I'm a bit relucant to patch my phone without an AUPT friendly patch, though. Now that I know this exists, I'l do it right after the update and let you know! Cool?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    That's hot stuff, man! With the WebOS update due any time now, I'm a bit relucant to patch my phone without an AUPT friendly patch, though. Now that I know this exists, I'l do it right after the update and let you know! Cool?

M.
    Understandable Now it's just a matter of when the update will be released.

12.    #12  
    Understandable Now it's just a matter of when the update will be released.

...and when the mainserver that houses most of the home brew stuff is brought back online... :-/ (I'd help them some how if I could!)

M.