1.    #1  
    My pre doesn't seem to always detect my taps or swipes. It took 4 taps today for it to recognize my attempt to select a card today. This might be an issue with my phone, so I would like to see if anyone else is having this issue. My camera also has a permanent line through the pictures, so I suspect there is damage to my CCD sensor, but that isn't an issue to me... I don't use my phone as a camera.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Do a pull battery reset or visit the doctor.
  3.    #3  
    I see people talking about the doctor. I'm assuming it's a program to reset my phone back to stock? Does it revert any and all patches? Does it revert my phone back to an earlier os (even though I haven't upgraded the os yet)? I have pulled the battery. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I was swapping out the sim card from the pre to the blackberry to make sure the unlocking worked right (on the bb).
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It won't revert back to your old patches...you will need to add them again. The doctor should give your phone the latest WebOS version, but with the update coming out you may have to update it. Who is your provider? Something could have happened during the unlock process from ATT to T-Mobile for example. The doctor will clear the phone and reinstall the OS again, but your profile will have all your contact info. Here is the link:

http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm

Since you mentioned patches, WebOS Internals has many different versions for download here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Did you add a kernel? Could be an issue too. If you can suck it up, 1.4.5 is coming out soon and will probably clear up the issue. I had a similar issue of the phone freezing on reboot and the update fixed it.

Good Luck.
  6.    #6  
    lvpre - I didn't unlock the pre, I unlocked the blackberry and just tested it using the sim I had in the pre. I haven't updated the kernel. I am running bone stock except for 14 programs and patches installed from preware (which is one of the programs).
    @scytherfwd:

With regards to the screen issue, 2 things-

1- Make sure it doesn't have fingerprints, oil, make-up, smudges, pizza sauce, pancake syrup etc on it. Keep it clean with a damp cloth.

2- You can do an actual "screen test".

In your launcher, goto:
    >Device Info
    >Preferences
    >Tests
    >Interactive Tests

and test the touch sensors and screen.

Try those things and let us know what happened.