Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hey all,
    I have the Palm Pre Plus which I sync with iTunes on my Mac. I would like to be able to keep some folders of pictures on my computer synced with my Pre Plus. Is there a way to do this? I didn't see an option in doubletwist other dragging them which lumps all the pictures together and makes it impossible to categorize them and find the one I want. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by mac+treo; 07/03/2010 at 09:08 PM.
    do you want to move them to or from the phone?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sync the photos on the computer with the phone....but I need them to be in folders...I have like 500 I would like to sync.
    How about you make a folder called pictures in the Pre's USB partition and then drag all the photos to that folder. Even if you have 1 million pictures, if they are all in the same place, you can easily just drag and drop them in a folder.
    have you tried zumodrive, dropbox, or boxalicous app for the box all online storage apps some of the apps are free
    I use wifi media sync
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I didn't think wifi media sync worked with a mac.
    I'm sorry for jumping the gun too quick. yes it doesn't work with a mac, but if you have parallels or any virtual machine installed that could be a workaround.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    when you open doubletwist check the general settings because it should give you an option to sync all of your pictures automatically
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for the ideas everyone....the reason I don't just drag them to the Pre is because I have a bunch of pictures and I wanted a way to organize them in the Pre photos app. I would love it if someone came out with WiFi media sync for Mac....and I suppose I could use parallels or bootcamp but then I have to move my pictures to the other partition and it is a pain and doesn't let me keep them in sync...and I couldn't find that option in doubletwist for mac but I don't think that would let me keep them organized on my pre.
    the only solution i can think of is utilize your iphoto and arrange your pictures into "albums" in iphoto.

these albums will then be recognized by your pre as albums too.

when you sync your pre via itunes, you will go to the photos tab and you have the option to "sync all photos" or "sync certain albums"

these pictures will then be "optimized" into your pre so you will have more room for pix.

hth
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Yea I might have to bit the bullet and do that. I was trying to avoid iphoto and only use Picasa because iPhoto sticks everything in one file and makes it a pain to use. Also I hate categorizing things into events...
    Quote Originally Posted by mac+treo View Post
    Yea I might have to bit the bullet and do that. I was trying to avoid iphoto and only use Picasa because iPhoto sticks everything in one file and makes it a pain to use. Also I hate categorizing things into events...
    i felt the same way before, but once you get to use it, you will see how easy it is to manage your photos using iphoto. you dont have to categorize them into events too if you dont want. that is one of the beauty of using a mac, plug and play and let the machine do its thing.

you will have to unlearn the windows way of arranging photos (by folder in explorer) let the program do its job.

funny, how i love mac computers but having little love for the iphone!
    can we sync photos with itunes? My thing is memory. Itunes shrank photos to an appropriate size. I have 5 gigs of pics which itunes put on my device in less then 1gig. I like having pics on my phone to show people (though am waiting for the update including gpu in the gui so pics come up quick).
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    can we sync photos with itunes? My thing is memory. Itunes shrank photos to an appropriate size. I have 5 gigs of pics which itunes put on my device in less then 1gig. I like having pics on my phone to show people (though am waiting for the update including gpu in the gui so pics come up quick).
    yes it does sync photos and it "optimizes" them too
    sweet I thought it was broken with the rest of the itunes sync
    I'm not the biggest fan of Missing Sync, but this is one thing it does very well - sync media between the Pre and the Mac.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    sweet I thought it was broken with the rest of the itunes sync

TAKE NOTE: you should use itunes 9.01 i think, syncing does not work for the newer versions of itunes
    Quote Originally Posted by mac+treo View Post
    Sync the photos on the computer with the phone....but I need them to be in folders...I have like 500 I would like to sync.
    What I was asking is if they are from the phone's camera, or photos on a PC that you also want on the phone.

I was asking because there are several PC-based options, such as using Picassa. It will automatically copy from the phone to PC. Not sync, but one-way copy. Do you really need true sync? That would be that if the photo is deleted on one device, syncing would delete it on the other. Or are you looking to move or back up to a PC, in which case Picassa or a similar program could copy (or move) the photos to your PC when you connect in USB mode.

There are also a couple of Palm specific options such as the wifi media sync app that might work. I think Missing Sync also allows you to identify folders to sync, which could include pictures or music.