Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    About 5 months ago I took my pre in because the power button was broken. I didn't have the insurance and since there was some damage to the sides of the phone from a few accidental drops - they charged me a hundred bucks and gave me a refurb. Now, the refurb has the dreaded oreo twist (much worse than the previous phone) and the headphone jack cuts in and out constantly which is another issue I had with my previous phone.

My current phone has a few nicks and dents from falling on the ground but nothing that would have caused either the oreo twist or the headphone jack problems. Am I going to get charged another 100 bucks for another one if I take it into Sprint?
    I would suggest velcro on your hands and phone! But on to your question, try calling them and explaining the malfunctions you're having to see if you can get one sent to you.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    my advice is to call corporate and deal with them. I took my pre into a local sprint store and they replaced it with two defective units, including one with a broken power button out of the box. Sprint corporate was more than nice and we able to ship me a new unit free of charge. I have come to learn that it is always easier to deal with corporate or palm themselves, they are more than happy to help, well usually...
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Yeah, if you don't have TEP (tsk tsk), then I would say what Jraw23 said to do; just call Sprint direct. I would just tell them about the audio jack and leave out the Oreo problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    About 5 months ago I took my pre in because the power button was broken. I didn't have the insurance and since there was some damage to the sides of the phone from a few accidental drops - they charged me a hundred bucks and gave me a refurb. Now, the refurb has the dreaded oreo twist (much worse than the previous phone) and the headphone jack cuts in and out constantly which is another issue I had with my previous phone.

My current phone has a few nicks and dents from falling on the ground but nothing that would have caused either the oreo twist or the headphone jack problems. Am I going to get charged another 100 bucks for another one if I take it into Sprint?
    Sorry don't take this the wrong way but dropping can cause the oreo effect i have seen it a few times depending on how it hits (if it hits on the side at un angle it can put a lot of force on one of the 2 parts that slide and bend the Guides one 1/2 stops the other try's to keep going all the force is then put on the guide) and yes dropping a smart phone is not a good idea they are complicated equipment any phone dropped a few times can and will cause damage. unless you get a really nice rep then yes your going to have to pay for another one its been dropped a few times sorry for your bad luck you maybe should invest in a outer case or shell to protect your phone and or get the service plan its only 7 bucks a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Yeah, if you don't have TEP (tsk tsk), then I would say what Jraw23 said to do; just call Sprint direct. I would just tell them about the audio jack and leave out the Oreo problem.
    you have about a 50/50 that working (good idea) but when they get the phone in they inspect it for physical damage i tried this once and got caught via a 100 dollar charge on my account I have done it other times as well and they were ok with it... I told them i dropped the phone but it had no signs of damage and they were well if there is no signs then they would work with me...