Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, y'all

I'm having two problems with my pre. First, when trying to run webos doc i'm getting an error msg saying phone disconnected. Second, I seem to have lost the notifications charge only and usb mode on my pre, won't show up at all but on the battery it as that charging yellow bolt. Third, the blue arrow in webos quickinstall won't work when tapping on it.

Anyone ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
    I had the issue with the "charge only" not showing up when I plugged my Pre up to my laptop, my problem was that I did not have the USB plugged completely in the port of my laptop.
    Restart your computer. It is the Novacom driver.
    +1....im with the pastor. Restart your phone and the PC, should be golden after that.
  5.    #5  
    Did that and still nothing.. any more ideas?
    first try opening webos quick install and try reinstalling novacom driver . Then try running webos repair utility. These are my suggestions
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    this might sound simple but if you have lost the the usb and charging symbol make sure you are not plugged up to the charger I was helping someone else troubleshoot and he had the same issue come to find out he was plugged up to the charger. He thought he wasplugged up to the usb as well and he wasn't.
    oh yeah turn on dev mode even though you should not need it for web doc.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys! will try these suggestions. Don't know what went wrong.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    this might sound simple but if you have lost the the usb and charging symbol make sure you are not plugged up to the charger I was helping someone else troubleshoot and he had the same issue come to find out he was plugged up to the charger. He thought he wasplugged up to the usb as well and he wasn't.
    lol, I'm sure that I am plug up to the computer. This problem seem to be coming from my computer...
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    lol, I'm sure that I am plug up to the computer. This problem seem to be coming from my computer...
    let us know if you get it fixed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    have you tried another computer?
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/03/2010 at 10:16 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    have you tried another computer?
    Yep, it does work on another computer. I'll have to search Google for options on how to eradicate this problem.
    One thing you can try is:

1) Unplug your device from your computer
    2) Open Control Panel (assuming you use Windows)
    3) Click Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7)
    4) Find the entry "Windows Driver Package - Palm (WinUSB)"
    5) Uninstall/Remove it
    6) Reboot your computer
    7) Plug in your device again

This usually works for me
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    One thing you can try is:

1) Unplug your device from your computer
    2) Open Control Panel (assuming you use Windows)
    3) Click Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7)
    4) Find the entry "Windows Driver Package - Palm (WinUSB)"
    5) Uninstall/Remove it
    6) Reboot your computer
    7) Plug in your device again

This usually works for me
    On it right now.. this is becoming a vexatious problem for me.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    On it right now.. this is becoming a vexatious problem for me.
    Now there's a word you don't hear everyday. :-)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  17.    #17  
    @ Errade, nada! That procedure didn't work either. The error is unknown usb device. Is their a fix for this?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Now there's a word you don't hear everyday. :-)
    That's exactly what this error causing... irritation/annoyance.
    Sounds like it could be one of three problems:

1) Faulty USB Cable
    2) Faulty USB Port
    3) Faulty Pre

Since it works fine on your other computer, it stands to reason that the cable is not broken. Also, since it works on your other computer, it seems that your Pre isn't broken - which suggests that your USB port (or all your USB ports, if they're from the same source) may be broke... have you tried plugging it into a different USB port on your computer?

If that doesn't work, I'm a little stuck as to what to suggest :/
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I vote for faulty cable. Try and get a new cable and then try it in all of ur usb ports.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast