1.    #1  
    Ok so my pre's battery has been acting bonkers lately and last night it went crazy on me. For starters, on some days it will last only a few hours after a charge, im talking by 2 o'clock the thing is dead, and this is after not touching it and barely using it. Then on others, the phone sits at like 50% after a full day of the same usage. Second once it hits 20% life, it immediately goes straight to zero and tells me I need to plug it in. Then last night it went crazy, I plugged the phone in and once it got up to 16%....it started going back down...while plugged in...I restarted the phone, it was still going down. Strangest thing I've ever seen a phone do. I dr. 'ed my pre a week ago or so, and I don't have to many patches...so who knows whats going on, I'm thinking about skipping tech support and going straight to the clergy...
    Or you could just try another battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjim0o7 View Post
    Ok so my pre's battery has been acting bonkers lately and last night it went crazy on me. For starters, on some days it will last only a few hours after a charge, im talking by 2 o'clock the thing is dead, and this is after not touching it and barely using it. Then on others, the phone sits at like 50% after a full day of the same usage. Second once it hits 20% life, it immediately goes straight to zero and tells me I need to plug it in. Then last night it went crazy, I plugged the phone in and once it got up to 16%....it started going back down...while plugged in...I restarted the phone, it was still going down. Strangest thing I've ever seen a phone do. I dr. 'ed my pre a week ago or so, and I don't have to many patches...so who knows whats going on, I'm thinking about skipping tech support and going straight to the clergy...

My wife & I have had this same issue for several months... We have 2 Pre's and 3 batteries... Issue happens with both phones and all batteries... It goes away then comes back... It's seriously not consistent... Tech support is probably going to give you the standard answer to "Reset the phone" That wouldn't be so bad if backups were reliable...
    How old is your battery? Might be time to replace it. I have been using a Mugen 1400 battery since Dec., $31 shipped, really happy with it so far.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If by clergy you mean sprint store. My phone does the same sometimes drops 15% or more an hour just sitting in my pocket and othertimes it drops about 5% while browsing the web. They battery does fully die atleast once a week so I know it's calibrated. It happens one day then the next I get awesome battery life. Also sometimes jumps straight from 20+% to 0 skips the yellow battery stage then stays at 0% for atleast 3 hours with normal usage (text/web/music). It's so weird but when it charges fine so it's not a problem for me but I have had a couple of times where it's died on me but I knew the poor battery life when I first got the phone. If your battery does not hold charge try a different charger or take to sprint store.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Phones these days are so much more complicated devices than their dumbphone predecessors. Therefore there are many more factors determining what uses up battery power, and how fast it gets consumed. I had a similar situation last week when my Pre went through more than 2/3 of a full charge in less than 6 hours, and that was with the phone just sitting in my pocket the whole time - with NO phone calls in or out, and NO use of any apps. I was shocked and bewildered as to how it could have used up so much power doing essentially *nothing*! But I later discovered that during those 5+ hours my e-mail app had been constantly trying to sync to my gmail account and couldn't connect, and THAT'S what ate up so much juice. So, before you call in an exorcist, I'd look for causes that may be somewhat hidden or obscure. It is likely that it isn't your battery itself to blame but something is using its stored charge at an unusual rate. If you still can't determine the cause of your problem, then try laying a crucifix on the phone overnight, then next morning say three "Hail Marys" and bury it in your backyard with three heads of garlic for a week. That should take care of it!
    I've taken to scheduling daily restarts on my Pre with the reboot scheduler tool available in Preware. I set it to reboot every morning at 5am (usually sleeping so perfect time). I find the longer I leave the Pre running, the more apt I am to run into the phantom battery hog that causes the seemingly random drainage issue.
    My battery was going crazy the last 2 weeks. It would drain at 2x the normal rate no matter how little I used the phone. All of a sudden it was fine again this week. No idea what the issue was.
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I've taken to scheduling daily restarts on my Pre with the reboot scheduler tool available in Preware. I set it to reboot every morning at 5am (usually sleeping so perfect time). I find the longer I leave the Pre running, the more apt I am to run into the phantom battery hog that causes the seemingly random drainage issue.
    This!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation