Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday I was driving around and decided to check out main verizon store. I had pretended I was shoping for new phone. The sales person ask me what I was looking for, and right away took me to android phones. One was lg something...... Then motorola droid and the incredible. He went pass pre plus not even paying any attention to it. Now I don't know if they get paid commission on phones sold but, lg was around $ 55 with 2 year contract and incredible is still $200. Pre plus is $50. Later on I have watched other customers also going for android phones.... And when it comes to advertising, there is none for pre.......
    Now hp they are great with advertising anything, they need to fix palms and verizons advertising strategy.
    I talked to a Verizon Pre owner a few days ago and she told me they tried to talk her out of the Pre. They told her it was a terrible phone. She almost had to force them to sell it to her.

I guess nothing has changed...
    lol I wanna just call verizon stores just to troll them about getting one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    maybe it's a huge pain in the **** to have to send in such a high percentage of pre's for repair/replacement. I have a pre and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, basically because the hardware is extremely unreliable. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Palm's biggest failure wasn't its marketing for the pre, but rather the poor hardware (not to mention buggy software) that make up these phones.
    I recommend this phone to everyone. I turned someone who was going to get a droid the other day to palm. We hear only people with problems mostly on these forums,thats what they are for, to help people. I do not believe the majority of pre owers have big time hardware issues. Myself,i know 4 people plus myself with pres,,none have had any issues.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I think the first bach were duds. But have not seen any problems with them like last year. I have had Pre #3 for about 5 months now. Sprint rep. retail store.
    pre number 1 here,8 months and still as good as new. If this is bad hardware,,i can't wait for the good.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I was in a Verizon store a few weeks ago when I went in for a new phone. I've been lurking on this site, Crackberry, and Androidcentral for quite a while now, so I had my mind made up on the Bold 9650 or the Pre+. The rep really tried to push me towards the Droid and Inc. I told him that I already did my research and had my mind set on either of these two phones, I just needed to handle them to make my decision. Well he kinda pushed me towards the BB and kept implying that the Pre was far inferior and it would be a mistake if I got it. So I got the BB, hated it, returned it after 2 days, and got the Pre+. Aside from the battery life, which I hear is just as terrible on the INC, I couldn't be happier. Ive actually turned on several people to this phone.
    now we are talking,,,good stuff
    I take my solio solar charger where ever I go.its lighter then a wallet.where ever I am no matter what, I have power. I had my pre in one pocket,charger in another,,phone charging while it's in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I take my solio solar charger where ever I go.its lighter then a wallet.where ever I am no matter what, I have power. I had my pre in one pocket,charger in another,,phone charging while it's in my pocket.
    I don't think I have the courage to carry a solar charger around with me but props to you for actually doing something about cruddy battery life instead of just complaining about it
    Had mine Pre Plus since launch week at Verizon, never had an issue and my wife has had one for 3 months and know issues. Again, I think some of you folks just abuse things.
    Its a real shame if Verizon salespeople are turning people away from the Pre, clearly they haven't taken the time to get to know it. Hopefully the C40 will get their attention!
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    maybe it's a huge pain in the **** to have to send in such a high percentage of pre's for repair/replacement. I have a pre and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, basically because the hardware is extremely unreliable. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Palm's biggest failure wasn't its marketing for the pre, but rather the poor hardware (not to mention buggy software) that make up these phones.
    Agreed. Sales reps working on commission aren't eager to promote phones that will eventually get returned because of quality issues. Even if they exchange the phone for a better build, or a different type of phone altogether to retain the contract, it eats away their time when they could be servicing a new customer with a phone that actually has no quality problems to begin with. This is the heart of the issue.
    so glad I bought my pre,great phone,hope the next one is as sturdy for me as this one has been
    The issues with the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon are not a hardware issue or OS issue. It is that Verizon has crippled the GPS and restrained the OS upgrades that the Verizon sales people get tired of customers asking why their Google Maps doesn’t work and where is their upgrades. I have a launch day Verizon Pre Plus and couldn’t be happier with the phone – the carrier is another “issue”.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I honestly wonder what some folks are going to do with their time once they no longer have the Pre to complain about.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Had mine Pre Plus since launch week at Verizon, never had an issue and my wife has had one for 3 months and know issues. Again, I think some of you folks just abuse things.
    Wow, I can't believe someone finally said it!! I have an AT&T Pre and have had absolutely no trouble with it. I got it for $49 on an upgrade through amazon wireless and it has been rock solid. Then again I don't treat it like I only paid $49 for it. I treat it like the $399 device that it actually is. As for buggy software, I haven't seen it. I have even been running UnixPsycho's 1ghz kernel for the better part of a week and have yet to see even ONE luna or phone restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    Yesterday I was driving around and decided to check out main verizon store. I had pretended I was shoping for new phone. The sales person ask me what I was looking for, and right away took me to android phones. One was lg something...... Then motorola droid and the incredible. He went pass pre plus not even paying any attention to it. Now I don't know if they get paid commission on phones sold but, lg was around $ 55 with 2 year contract and incredible is still $200. Pre plus is $50. Later on I have watched other customers also going for android phones.... And when it comes to advertising, there is none for pre.......
    Now hp they are great with advertising anything, they need to fix palms and verizons advertising strategy.
    This kind of behavior is exactly why I won't go to a retail store to buy or upgrade my phones. Even when I know all that there is about a couple of devices and the only thing that is keeping me from making a decision is actually touching the hardware I treat them like the drone, reject car sales people they are. If you think the verizion people are bad, try getting inside of an AT&T store without getting an apple lobotomy.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Now, that's just absurd. Sure, some people might 'abuse things' but I sincerely hope you don't believe that all the issues reported by people, and the fact that the "General Pre Complaints" is one of the most commented and viewed threads is due to every single person abusing their stuff.

I personally [have to, annoyingly] BABY this phone, because Palm didn't properly design their battery for the phone, so when I set it down somewhere I have to do it slowly so it doesn't crash. It's gotten stuck in headset mode numerous times, something that every single person I personally know who has had a pre (a total of 3) has experienced. Until I installed the uber-kernel on this phone, it'd crash like 7-8 times a week (luna/gui restart, or screen freeze for 1-2 mins). NO, it's not because people abuse the phone. It's because the hardware is of very poor quality and design. And the stock software is soooo buggy. Thank goodness for precentral.

Now, maybe you've had a better experience with your PRE PLUS, which has updated specs and [possibly?] better hardware. Maybe the Pre Plus's are properly designed and more robust, but just because you haven't had any issues doesn't mean that everyone who has is as a result of negligence.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast