View Poll Results: How Many Of You Overclock But Refuse To Use A Centro Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Both Overclock And Use A Centro Battery! (Bad Boy Or Girl)

25 28.41%
  • I Overclock But Refuse To Use A Centro Battery! (Naughty Boy Or Girl)

50 56.82%
  • I Don't Overclock Or Use A Centro Battery! (Good Boy Or Girl)

13 14.77%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For a while we have been debating and testing the Pre and Centro battery's @ this thread here!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...fferences.html

User vasekvi brought up interesting subject wondering how many people over clock there Pre's and Pixi's but still refuse to use a Centro battery in there Palm Pre Or Pixi. I have seen quit a few posts of people saying yes i use a Centro battery and others saying no its not worth the risk.

So i have decided to start a Pole about this to see just were we stand Vote away...
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/03/2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: I type like a monkey...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I voted for doing both, however, I haven't actually used my Centro batt for several months now since:
    1) My battery doesn't die as much as it used to, &
    2) I have a spare Pre battery

Risk? Bah! I'll be getting new Palm hardware soon anyway, right?!? haha
    I run the F105 Thudercheif Kernel and have 2 extra Centro batteries. I notice nothing bad from using the Centro batteries even when running at 1ghz.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I voted for doing both, however, I haven't actually used my Centro batt for several months now since:
    1) My battery doesn't die as much as it used to, &
    2) I have a spare Pre battery

Risk? Bah! I'll be getting new Palm hardware soon anyway, right?!? haha
    That's cool so far 3 votes and all 100% for doing both... To tell you the truth I see no difference in the use of the Centro Battery Vs the Pre Battery I do have one Centro battery that's almost 3 years old and does not last as long as the others I have 4 Pre battery's and 4 Centro battery's lol
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    What about opt 4: Just use Centro battery. I use Centro & old 800w battery, which are the same. Thinking about overclocking right now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    What about opt 4: Just use Centro battery. I use Centro & old 800w battery, which are the same. Thinking about overclocking right now.
    I did not think about that one...
    I would like to take the poll, but I'm not sure what you are talking about using a Centro battery.

What is the purpose of using a Centro battery, as a spare, a replacement?

What is the difference between the regular Pre battery and a Centro battery?

However, if the poll had the question 'do you overclock but don't know about a centro battery' I would answer 'yes'. I overclock.

I use a Naztech Energy Cell, which is a holster for the Pre with a built in battery pack that charges your Pre while you are using it, and while it's in the holster!

Also, recently modified the Touchstone back cover to back able to use the TS as well as the Naztech Energy Cell, which has it's own back cover. So now, it's one cover for both!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

8.    #8  
    The Centro battery is no dif. Then the pre battery palm had said it was for a while but that was just to make people buy the 40 dollar battery vs the 10 dollar Centro battery... The centro is an older phone made by palm... It used the same battery but the only thing that's diff. Is the sticker on the out side. Click the link on the first post and you can understand more abut what this pole is for
    I never had a Centro, so why would I buy a Centro battery for my Pre? I don't get it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i do overclock, and used to use my centro battery as a replacement.
    until it quit working. i don't know what happened. it was all good, and then one day the pre wouldn't power on with it in there. i was pretty worried, but it's fine with the pre battery. now the centro battey doesn't work in the centro either. it starts to power on, then as the status bar fills up, instead of moving forward with things it reboots.

not saying this is because i used it in the pre. it was a one year old battery. but, it never had a any problems before that...
  11.    #11  
    the battery just went bad they do that some times. Some times the centro batterys go bad because they sat a long time...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I never had a Centro, so why would I buy a Centro battery for my Pre? I don't get it.
    well we all know the pre does not have the best battery life. A lot of people upgraded to the Pre from the Centro and Palm Pro. Both the Palm Pro and Centro used the same battery. The Pre battery is the same shape as the Centeo same voltage 3.7v same mah (1150mAH) the only diff. (After much testing) was the color of the sticker. The main reason for using the Centro battery was that the sprint stores were selling them for 10 dollars and even more stors would just give you some. Vs paying 40 bucks for a Pre battery with a black sticker
    The only reason why I'd use my Centro battery is if it gave me better battery life. If it doesn't then I'm staying with the mugen 1400.
    I got 2 Centro batteries for 5.75 shipped on eBay. That's a great deal if you ask me.
    I guess there could have also been an option for who uses a Centro battery but doesn't overclock? (Naughty and Nice Boy or Girl)

I have the F104 800MHz patch and not only do I use two spare Centro batteries, but also an aftermarket Centro battery as well - which I got from ebay with the wall charger shipped for 12 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    1. They are cheap - like $10 for two on Ebay
    2. Alot of us used to have Centros.
    Last edited by vasekvi; 07/03/2010 at 10:26 AM.
    I don't have a centro battery but I would use one if I had it, so I wouldn't say I refuse to use a centro battery.

Overclocking is the best thing since the last best thing however
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I overclock and have a Centro battery I keep charged in case I need it. Never had to use it with all the touchstones at home and work though
    I overclock with UberKernel and brings 2 Mugen 1400 batt with me when I'll b away from power point for a long time.
    I OC - UK + Govnah 250-720 Screenstate - and if I had a Centro Battery, I'd probably use it.

As it is, I have my original battery and a stock Pre spare which I hardly ever have to use since I have Touchstones at work and home, and a rapid car charger.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I overclock, but becuase my usage is so heavy I have a Seidio 2600 mAH battery. I don't get why people would use a Centro battery, regardless of cost, as the solution for power problems should be access to sufficient charging with a Touchstone or a larger battery. Those of you that have spare batteries hidden in your wallets, purses and cars, let me know how that works out as we head into the hottest months of the year. As for me, I'll keep my monster battery that eats hours of usage for snackies and keeps on going.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast