View Poll Results: How Many Of You Overclock But Refuse To Use A Centro Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Both Overclock And Use A Centro Battery! (Bad Boy Or Girl)

25 28.41%
  • I Overclock But Refuse To Use A Centro Battery! (Naughty Boy Or Girl)

50 56.82%
  • I Don't Overclock Or Use A Centro Battery! (Good Boy Or Girl)

13 14.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I did both until I upgraded to an extended battery.

now, where is the 'pole' mentioned in the title?
    Thanks for the info guys. But I remembered seeing a few threads about this and didn't bother to read because I didn't have a Centro battery. After reading this thread however I probably wouldn't buy one. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-work-pre.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    <-- is a BAAAAD boy!

Oh wait, a VERY BAAADDD boy!

Why?

Well, not only do I overclock with Goivna and Uberkernal, but I don't use the originial Centro battery, but, rather a chinese knockoff Cenro replacement battery that is rated at 1350 mAh!

And now, I have to walk around and look over my shoulder every moment to make sure the Palm police don'..... hey, wait one cotton pickin second.....

PALM police no more... HP just bought em out!

Im free, Im free!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    <-- is a BAAAAD boy!

Why?

Well, not only do I overclock with Goivna and Uberkernal, but I don't use the originial Centro battery, but, rather a chinese knockoff Cenro replacement battery that is rated at 1350 mAh!

And now, I have to walk around and look over my shoulder every moment to make sure the Palm police don'..... hey, wait one cotton pickin second.....

Im free, Im free!

Yeah now you have to worry about the HP police! LOL
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yeah now you have to worry about the HP police! LOL
    actually, it's the mattress tag police that are subcontracted to check batteries. Watch for them.
    I overclock and use 2 centro batterys and my original pre battery in rotation and the centros hold a charge just as long as the pre battery
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. But I remembered seeing a few threads about this and didn't bother to read because I didn't have a Centro battery. After reading this thread however I probably wouldn't buy one. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-work-pre.html
    That's PHHHH the centro battery and the pre battery are the same things lol they just tell you that because they want you to buy the 40 dollar battery vs the centro battery...

I have seen you post this thing like 4 times now lol its all good we are all entitled to are own opinion but after MUCH testing its been determined that the Pre and Centro battery are the same see the thread linked to this one in the first post if you have any doubts
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    <-- is a BAAAAD boy!

Why?

Im free, Im free!

I guess i should have put more options in the poll lol i had a Chinese knock off battery as well but i some how lost it on a flight to Japan so its either on a plane or they found it and threw it away or maybe even thought it was a bomb.
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/03/2010 at 06:36 PM.
    or maybe on the POLL?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    or maybe on the POLL?
    poll pole same thing right hahaha sorry my first language is Japanese not English...

私の最初言語は日本語である。
    how about an option for 5) overclock but did not know there was even a discussion about using centro batteries?

I got a replacement pre after a year with my June 7th Pre because some of the hardware issues were starting to accumulate and annoy me. They gave me a new battery when I went in because i complained about the loose contacts leading to shut-downs, and let me keep the old battery too. So, I'm afraid I won't have need of buying a centro battery yet. But thanks for the info in case I do.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    it's not that I refuse to use a centro battery, I just haven't picked one up. I'm happy with the stock battery that came with my Pre. Of course, have several touchstones at various locations helps.
    member of the Evo-lution
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I used a Centro battery for months when I originally got my Pre (Naked purchase - came with just phone, no back/battery). It worked but battery life was horrible, so I got a regular Pre battery.

Now, once I got my brand-new warranty replacement when my original Pre died, and when the GHZ kernels started popping up, I went ahead and bought the Seidio Slim Extended 1350mAH battery and overclock with that; for what I do, I get great battery results at great speeds.
    Last edited by Kujila; 07/04/2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: I did vote actually lol
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    how about an option for 5) overclock but did not know there was even a discussion about using centro batteries?

I got a replacement pre after a year with my June 7th Pre because some of the hardware issues were starting to accumulate and annoy me. They gave me a new battery when I went in because i complained about the loose contacts leading to shut-downs, and let me keep the old battery too. So, I'm afraid I won't have need of buying a centro battery yet. But thanks for the info in case I do.
    No probs bud hope this info helps
  15.    #35  
    Well looks like so far about 1/2 the people who overclock use the centro battery
    I do both, I have 2 pre and 2 Centro batt's. Used them both on my touchstone with no issue. I OC with warthog and have very little issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I overclock, but becuase my usage is so heavy I have a Seidio 2600 mAH battery. I don't get why people would use a Centro battery, regardless of cost, as the solution for power problems should be access to sufficient charging with a Touchstone or a larger battery. Those of you that have spare batteries hidden in your wallets, purses and cars, let me know how that works out as we head into the hottest months of the year. As for me, I'll keep my monster battery that eats hours of usage for snackies and keeps on going.

Because the extended batteries are so huge. I just don't like the look of the Pre with that battery, it takes away from the looks of the Pre. Also, if you show your phone to an iPhone user it just looks bad.
    3 centro batteries, 4 pre batteries, 3 touchstones, a travel charger and a spare battery charger... I used to go through 3-4 batteries aday on my centro, believe it or not, the pre has only been using 2 by end of day lately with govnah, uberkernal and jstop it's gotten even better.
    I can do work on it faster, which I think is what is helping the batteries the most. The centro would be @ full tilt for 3x the time to accomplish the same task the pre can in no time. Not to mention the browser is waaaay better
    ps- the last centro battery I got was shipped from asurion in a refurb pre, the phone was already active so I had to send it back, but got a free battery out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I don't get why people would use a Centro battery, regardless of cost, as the solution for power problems should be access to sufficient charging with a Touchstone or a larger battery..
    1. Many of us already have them.
    2. Touchstone compatibility.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast